View Full Version : What PIM is Best?

hoffm11
06-24-2003, 05:56 PM
I am torn between on the PIMs and wanted to see what others thought was the best PIM.

gbpackers4ever
06-24-2003, 06:35 PM
Pocket Informant hands down for me. Their active support forum is what sets them apart from that other one, IMHO.

egads
06-24-2003, 06:44 PM
I've used Agenda Fusion and PocketInformant and I've found I like PI much better. I'm a pretty un-demanding user and AF seemed more complex. PI looks better, is easier to figure out, but is slower than AF.

While AF was quicker than PI I still consider it slower than I like. If you have a long cantact list it seems like it can take eons to bring a contact up with both PIM's. Why are these things soooo slow ??? I've used PALM PIM's and they run circles around PPC's PIM's.

Play with both, whats a cool feature for some is a pain in the butt for others. After a day or two of playing with each of them you will have a good feel for which one suits you best.

Good luck !!!

Fzara
06-24-2003, 06:54 PM
I've actually loaded PI as a .cab onto my SD, which I hope to bring to Compusa either today or tomorrow to test out the speeds of PI on the new PPC2003 devices. I can't wait!!!

dh
06-24-2003, 06:58 PM
I installed PI and never thought of changing. It does everything I need and more.
The support is first class, the discussions boards at www.pocketinformant.com will answer any questions you might have.

AF is by all accounts a good PIM as well. Why not download both trials and try them out.

faustus67
06-24-2003, 09:25 PM
I tried both and liked AF better - just to make the issue more complicated for you. I found it does all that I want a PIM to do faster than PI and looks better while it is doing it. I agree however with the previous poster - try both of the demos and see which you like better! And have fun playing with them!!!

Dave

Sunnyone
06-24-2003, 09:32 PM
I've been using PI for a few years now, through many versions/upgrades. I tried AF and I couldn't get used to it. I'm a creature of habit, I guess. PI does everything I need and more.

Renee

thomas1973
06-24-2003, 09:56 PM
I've used Agenda Fusion and PocketInformant and I've found I like PI much better. I'm a pretty un-demanding user and AF seemed more complex. PI looks better, is easier to figure out, but is slower than AF.
I'd just like to add that the upcoming version of PI is much faster than the current version! I'm currently using the new PI beta to which WebIS is putting the finishing touches. Go here if you'd like to read more about it: http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1456

I prefer PI, as I find it easier to use, while still having more useful features (IMO) than AF. As both AF and PI are coming with new major version releases very soon, I think you should stick around and try them both out and see what you think.

Thomas.

Kati Compton
06-24-2003, 10:50 PM
From what I understand, both AF and PI are very good. It's just a question of what features you as an individual need, and what sort of interface you prefer. Most people (even those with a strong preference for one or the other) recommend trying both, and choosing the one you are most comfortable with.

Crystal Eitle
06-24-2003, 11:34 PM
You might also want to try out UltiPlanner by Birdiesoft.

Video11
06-25-2003, 12:17 AM
My recommendation would also be for Pocket Informant. But as someone has already suggested, you can download the trials for both PI and Agenda Fusion, give them a try and then make an informed decision.

I would suggest using one program exclusively for at least a week, then switching to the other program for a week. This will give you a chance to really try all of the options and features.

alex_kac
06-25-2003, 08:06 PM
My only comment is - if you thought PI was slow, just wait a week.

Birdiestyle
06-26-2003, 03:47 AM
http://www.ultiplanner.com

Worth a download...

Catching up and even passing PI and AF in some areas...

http://www.uglybass.com/ultiplanner/images/up102a.gif

http://www.uglybass.com/ultiplanner/images/upcalarrowmini.gif

oe1kenobi
06-26-2003, 04:16 AM
My only comment is - if you thought PI was slow, just wait a week.
Is this supposed to be a joke?
"Hey kid, if you thought PI was slow before, just wait a week!"

(Sorry, just sounded funny. I'm sure the new version will be great.)

-Richard L. Owens

pcause
06-26-2003, 02:10 PM
I've been using PI for about 2 years and it is great. I find that the developer keeps up a steady stream of new features and that most innovation appears in PI before you see it in AF. I keep downloading new AF trials, but it always seems less capable and flexible then the last PI version.

As for speed comments, I am not certain what issues people have. I have 1000+ contacts, a full calendar, 50+ tasks, etc. PI is just fine on my IPaq 3850. And, if you use tasks, PI's Hierarchical task view is a must have.

But, this is all my PERSONAL opinion. In the end it is called a PERSONAL information manager and you should download and try both programs. They are both excellent. If PI didn't exist, I'd use AF, I wouldn't be as happy, but it would be acceptable.

Jerry Raia
06-28-2003, 08:20 AM
PI gets my vote