View Full Version : What Makes it so good?

Enderet
06-24-2003, 05:26 PM
My question has always been...what makes the e-125 so good?

ddwire
09-22-2003, 04:32 AM
Great screen and button layout. They are also very trouble free.

klinux
09-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Solid built quality. The best indoor screen of any PocketPC (from WinCE to PPC2003).

Fun to overclock (none of the sissy software stuff!) by opening the case, and pencil and solder!

Autotechnica
10-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Solid built quality. The best indoor screen of any PocketPC (from WinCE to PPC2003).

Fun to overclock (none of the sissy software stuff!) by opening the case, and pencil and solder!

Can you please explain in more detail the steps I must take to overclock the E-125 to 200MHz?

How much faster is it, how reliable is it and what are the disadvantages if any.

Thanks,

Bryan

buckyg
10-25-2003, 08:43 AM
Just "retired" the E125 my wife was using. She wanted something lighter & faster. I'd upgraded from mine late last year. In some ways, I feel a little guilty, it's still a good machine. Am going to give it to a friend who can use it.

I agree with the other comments made: great screen, button layout, good build, trouble free.

"Trouble free" is what is making me really stop and think. Is it just because I started my PPC experience on the E1xx series and was a newbie? Seems like I had very rarely had to soft-reset, usually due to finishing a software install, not to lockups or problems.

It seemed to be "It would be nice if it could ...". Today, it seems to be "What do you mean it can't ..."

davidspalding
10-26-2003, 08:40 AM
oh i have to soft-rest regularly, apparently due to a memory leak in one of the core MS components. but i don't mind. my e-125 has been a daily tool and companion for > 19 months and still quite healthy. i can only hope my next ppc will do as well.