View Full Version : Let the Toshiba bashing....... STOP!!!

Keem
06-24-2003, 03:47 PM
I'm sick of people saying that e740 has no upgrade and they are abandoning it so im not gonna buy another toshiba... Well i have a e755 and a friend with pretty deep ties into toshiba, from What I have heard from him... e740 WILL BE GETTING AN UPGRADE, (dont mark my word but i think this is true info knowing how far my friend has ties into Tosh) They had been focusing most their efforts on the 755 because of the enum error et al...

I just couldnt keep it closed anymore, BTW Toshiba my doors are look and my blinds are closed dont try to hack me :twisted:

JackTheTripper
06-24-2003, 04:15 PM
And the e310? :wink:

Janak Parekh
06-24-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm sick of people saying that e740 has no upgrade and they are abandoning it so im not gonna buy another toshiba... Well i have a e755 and a friend with pretty deep ties into toshiba, from What I have heard from him... e740 WILL BE GETTING AN UPGRADE, (dont mark my word but i think this is true info knowing how far my friend has ties into Tosh) They had been focusing most their efforts on the 755 because of the enum error et al...
If you noticed, I specifically left the door open for this possibility. That said, if that's truly the case, Toshiba is doing a poor PR job. They took the time to explain the details and set up the PPC2003 upgrade for the e750 -- could they have not taken a few minutes out to explain what would happen to e740 owners? As it is, people are leaving the Toshiba platform today.

--janak

Enderet
06-24-2003, 05:36 PM
Well just to let you know...Brighthand is reporting no upgrades for the 330/5 and the 740 8O .... but of course they could be wrong.

Keem
06-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Well just to let you know...Brighthand is reporting no upgrades for the 330/5 and the 740 8O .... but of course they could be wrong.And of course i could be wrong

dean_shan
06-25-2003, 02:51 AM
Even if they don't offer the upgrade for the e740 that won't change my mind on chosing Toshiba for my next PPC. I like their form (although some would say otherwise), I realy like having a jog-dial, and like having build-in Wi-Fi and 2 card slots. Not getting the upgrade is not that big of a deal that I would not buy from them again.

davidspalding
06-25-2003, 06:49 AM
Upgrading is over-rated. These are PDAs not personal computers (desktop) or servers. If out-of-the-box functions and 3rd party apps suffice, what's to upgrade?

Tierran
06-25-2003, 07:19 AM
Ok, we'll ignore the previous poster's ignorance. :roll:

As far as us ending our "bashing" of Toshiba, please, give me a break. Toshiba is a multinational corporation that is more than capable of defending itself and doesn't need people to stick up for it. They're the ones racking in billions of dollars a year. When the consumer feels like they are being pushed around, it is their responsibility to make a noise. I'm a happy supporter of the almighty dollar...but that doesn't mean I have to let Toshiba walk all over me. When you go out to dinner, you must be the one who eats the food, no matter if its cold or not. I personally go straight to the manager.

Maybe Toshiba is going to give us the upgrade, maybe not. I think if you read the wording over at the petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/e300e740/petition.html) that nearly 250 people have signed in just a few hours, you will see that I did indeed leave the possibility open that Toshiba would be providing an update.

But for cryin' out loud, how hard would it have been for them say "We're taking care of the e750 first and the rest of our PDAs will recieve this upgrade" if that was truely the intention. Its like its a company secret. You can't call them up and get an answer and that's not right. Microsoft isn't telling them not to say anything anymore. So why not tell us?

Stephen Beesley
06-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Even if they don't offer the upgrade for the e740 that won't change my mind on chosing Toshiba for my next PPC. I like their form (although some would say otherwise), I realy like having a jog-dial, and like having build-in Wi-Fi and 2 card slots. Not getting the upgrade is not that big of a deal that I would not buy from them again.

I agree - I don't think this would stop me considering the e750 as the main contender for my next PPC.

Lets face it, none of the PPC manufactures have a perfect record in offering upgrades - most of them far from it. I think you have to look at what you are getting now and take any promises for the future with a grain of salt.

Goldtee

PetiteFlower
06-25-2003, 01:17 PM
But for cryin' out loud, how hard would it have been for them say "We're taking care of the e750 first and the rest of our PDAs will recieve this upgrade" if that was truely the intention. Its like its a company secret. You can't call them up and get an answer and that's not right. Microsoft isn't telling them not to say anything anymore. So why not tell us?

Maybe they haven't decided yet, sheesh, the new OS came out THREE DAYS ago!

Enderet
06-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Its the way that Toshiba treats the people who buy their products that infuriates them. Time and time again they are left out in the cold very fast. Not just in terms of upgrades but in terms of add-ons and support too(or so it seems from many of the forums which I visited) Anyways...It seems as if everywhere I go there are some people mad at Toshiba :?

Janak Parekh
06-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Maybe they haven't decided yet, sheesh, the new OS came out THREE DAYS ago!
Two things:

1. They received the code for Windows Mobile 2003 for PPC a long time before three days ago. How else could they offer new units in stores last Friday? So they definitely knew about it.

2. If they are still evaluating the situation, at least have the techs consistently answer that way! People have reported here and on other forums that different techs are giving different answers all over the place.

--janak

Janak Parekh
06-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Upgrading is over-rated. These are PDAs not personal computers (desktop) or servers. If out-of-the-box functions and 3rd party apps suffice, what's to upgrade?
The e740 has always been a pokey unit, however, despite its newer processor -- 206MHz StrongARM units repeatedly outperformed it. If WM2k3 has a performance boost, as the current benchmarks show on the new units (the e750 with WM2k3 has been benchmarked as being up to 60% faster in certain tests over the e750 with PPC2k2), it would finally give owners an opportunity to benefit from the extra $$ they paid for the latest and greatest back when it came out.

--janak