View Full Version : ppc as usb storage?

Myrddin
06-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Hey all,
writing this from bed on my shiny new wireless ipaq! :)

Just wondering if there is any software that allows me to just plug my ppc into a usb port (with my Targus roll-up cable) and browse it (no drivers on pc). Just like a USB thumb drive.

I used to be able to do this on my Palm with a program called CardExport.

Any suggestions?

I'm using an HP iPaq 5450...

Thanks in advance! :)

Enderet
06-24-2003, 05:42 PM
So far I havent heard anything... but it would be a nice idea.

spursdude
06-25-2003, 12:42 AM
You could always carry around a separate USB SD reader with the Pocket PC, although it's not exactly an elegant solution.

tourdewolf
06-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Hey all,
writing this from bed on my shiny new wireless ipaq! :)

Just wondering if there is any software that allows me to just plug my ppc into a usb port (with my Targus roll-up cable) and browse it (no drivers on pc). Just like a USB thumb drive.

I used to be able to do this on my Palm with a program called CardExport.

Any suggestions?

I'm using an HP iPaq 5450...

Thanks in advance! :)

Some folks on another board (treocentral) were able to request this app for the treo (was already a version for the PalmOS) and the developer responded with a new version. This app works great and would be a dream on the PPC (movies, mp3, etc.) I wonder if we could get together a group request that might prompt them to code a ppc version. I realize it would be infinately more complex with a different platform and all but I personally would buy a copy for each device I own as I bet many others would. Opinions?

Cybrid
06-28-2004, 11:08 PM
consider FTPserv

this creates a mini FTP server on PPC and could be accessed from any internet connection* this is a maybe option. It has never been used by me and I don't think it operates over USB