View Full Version : Will fly to SFO and LAX, Where can I buy a 5500 Ipaq ?

Daimaou
06-24-2003, 03:19 AM
I will fly in July to SFO and LAX and I would like to know where can I buy a 5500 series Ipaq there, in which shop ? where is the nicest shop, firendly sales man...

Thanks

Just in Case
SFO = San Francisco, SA
LAX = Los Angeles, CA

Kati Compton
06-24-2003, 04:12 AM
There's a first - I always thought the coolest devices hit Japan before here... I think Fry's is a common California tech shop. If not, look for Best Buy or CompUSA. Each of these should have websites where you can search for store locations.

Daimaou
06-24-2003, 04:46 AM
There's a first - I always thought the coolest devices hit Japan before here... It is true when the products are Japanese... but to talk about US Products... it seems that America snob a bit Japan, and that Japanese GVT don't really help neither. For exemple we just received the 5450 in Japanese here, but we cannot buy it in stores, simply because no store sale it. We can purchase it on the Japanese HP web site

I think Fry's is a common California tech shop. If not, look for Best Buy or CompUSA. Each of these should have websites where you can search for store locations.

Thanks I will have a look

Kati Compton
06-24-2003, 05:44 AM
It is true when the products are Japanese... but to talk about US Products... it seems that America snob a bit Japan, and that Japanese GVT don't really help neither. For exemple we just received the 5450 in Japanese here, but we cannot buy it in stores, simply because no store sale it. We can purchase it on the Japanese HP web site
Sorry to hear that's the case... But for most stuff, I'm still jealous. :D

Daimaou
06-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Well I will be happy to trade a 5500 Ipaq on what ever you want ;)

For instance, I desperately try to convince that Bluetooth should be on every mobile phone in Japan, not only PDA, but just simply for headset... but seems that I don't have any success :cry:

Message posted thanks to an Airh" connection ;)

Daimaou
06-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Just a question... I didn't find any shop in downtown LAX ?

http://www.frys.com/localframe.html
and
http://www.compusa.com/locations/default.asp?storetype=&loctype=zip&locvalue=90001#stores

None of them got a shop in LAX center... I am not used to travel in LAX... so I would love to have a more accurate address.... Please :oops: