View Full Version : Wanna know what sh_ts me off?

Cammo
06-23-2003, 03:19 PM
:evil:

So I am chasing a couple of USB charge/sync cables for my 1910 and a colleague's 5450. I found a place in the US that sells them for US$4.99 each, seems pretty cheap but hey, they are only a shot cable with a plug on either end. OK, fill out the customer detail forms - name, address, phone and my freight choice. I thought that I may get stitched a bit on shipping but it seems as thought that is how many of these companies make a profit. So I selected UPS (US Postal Service) Expedited which was the cheapest option. Guess how much to ship two short tiny cables from the US to Townsville, Qld? US$86.40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, to cut a dreadful story short, who can advise me where I might get the cables in Aus at a reasonable prices or somewhere overseas that won't bite me with the shipping charges?

Thanks in advance!!!

Cam

Mark R Penn
06-23-2003, 03:52 PM
There must be somewhere in Australia, but if you want them shipped from the other side of the world, take a look at these costs http://www.expansys.com/delivery.asp

Just a little cheaper than from the States!

Cammo
06-23-2003, 10:46 PM
Mark,

While those prices are a little better they still are way over the top. That would work out to about $64 Australian. I purchased an Innopocket case for my 1910 just the other week and even though it came in a box the size of a video cassette it cost US$9.95 for delivery. I shipped a small package (about the same size as a video cassette box) to the US recently and it cost me AUS$8.30 for delivery, and it arrived in six days. That is about US$5.30 and UK$3.32.

Makes all the quotes I have been getting seem a bit ridiculous. Especially when you consider that the freight I had been quoted by the US firm was the equivalent of about 17 of their cables!!

Cam

Kati Compton
06-24-2003, 12:41 AM
While those prices are a little better they still are way over the top. That would work out to about $64 Australian. I purchased an Innopocket case for my 1910 just the other week and even though it came in a box the size of a video cassette it cost US$9.95 for delivery. I shipped a small package (about the same size as a video cassette box) to the US recently and it cost me AUS$8.30 for delivery, and it arrived in six days. That is about US$5.30 and UK$3.32.

Those are CHEAP shipping prices. I think it costs at least that much to send anything *within* the US, let alone overseas.

maximus
06-24-2003, 01:30 PM
Or perhaps you should also check htp://www.brando.com.hk, they have quite a collection on accessories, and they ship worldwide for $3 per-order, if your order weight less than 500 grams.

madbart
06-24-2003, 02:19 PM
i can sell them to you. my business is in melbourne but can mail to u anywhere in aus for $6. send me a pm with you details and i will give u a call :lol: