View Full Version : run windows programs on pocket pc

test123
06-23-2003, 01:58 PM
hI everybody ,i want to ask you if it is possiple to run small ordinary windows programs on apocket pc ,i have a lot of text book on CDs that I run on my pc ,do I have to buy all of them again as a ppc version?

I really need ur help on this

rhmorrison
06-23-2003, 02:10 PM
No, programs must be specifically written to run under Windows CE 3.0 / Pocket PC 2000/2002 to work on your PDA. Data is something different entirely. In what format are these books on CD? It may (or may not) be possible to read the data on the CD's depending on what format it is saved in.

test123
06-23-2003, 02:29 PM
actually it is famous medical textbook like Harisson ,Washinghton...
a ppc versions are available ,but do i have to pay for these again

all i need is to read the text (i already have on my pc)on my ppc and i dont know what format is it
how can i know? 8O :oops:

rhmorrison
06-23-2003, 02:40 PM
Simply browse the CD to find the data files. Generally the ending (file type) will tell you in what format the data is in. For example, .pdf is for Adobe Postscript, .lit for Microsoft Reader, .txt for normal ASCII text, etcetera.

If you don't know what type of data then you must at least know what software you are using to read the books. Maybe you could leave a link to the PocketPC version so someone else could take a look to see if you can read it directly (or possilby convert what is on your CD's into a format that can be read on your PDA).

dh
06-23-2003, 03:23 PM
You could probably convert your text to Repligo format and read it on your PPC with the Repligo viewer.

Go to www.cerience.com to get the trial version and check it out.

test123
06-25-2003, 08:15 PM
the viewer i use to read my book is:

Teton viewer version 4.4.9