View Full Version : TextMaker is Updated for Microsoft Mobile 2003

Crystal Eitle
06-23-2003, 05:06 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/3730.html' target='_blank'>http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/3730.html</a><br /><br /></div>Looks like the developers behind TextMaker are on the ball:<br /><br />"SoftMaker Software has released an improved version of TextMaker, the company's Microsoft Word replacement and flagship product for Pocket PC and Handheld PC platforms. The new upgrade has been made compatible with the newly released Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC, and features improvements in the Microsoft Word and HTML filters, and provides code page support for an increased number of international languages. The new version is available as a free upgrade to all registered customers."

andykemp
06-23-2003, 05:22 PM
If you don't have this software yet it is also on sale on their website till the 27th June...

$34.99 for the PPC edition
or
$49.99 for the PPC & desktop edition

And once again those of us in Europe get a bad deal...

€39.99 for the PPC edition
€59.99 for the bundle

which given the exchange rate at the moment makes it about 15% if you live in the US and download it then if you live in the EU and download!!??!! So much for a global economy!

Excalliber
06-23-2003, 06:12 PM
These people probably still think that the Euro is behind the dollar, and they're giving you a deal... :roll:

hmmm... they need to wake up to the reality of the global market.

Now i must go and beat myself for not investing in Euros when they started :?

Rok
06-23-2003, 07:01 PM
These people probably still think that the Euro is behind the dollar, and they're giving you a deal... :roll:

hmmm... they need to wake up to the reality of the global market.

These people are actually based in Germany (just to remind you, Germany is in EMU). So they know perfectly well what the exchange rate is... Which makes the price discrepancy even more incomprehensible. Well, I ain't payin' that premium.

Shame on you, SoftMaker. :evil:

igreen
06-23-2003, 07:40 PM
They are in Germany. They are in the EU. And they do have to collect 21% VAT for the EU. Correct? So the numbers aren't that far off. ~5%.

emmfan
10-02-2003, 05:13 PM
is it possible to "scribble" notes or a quick sketch in a textmaker document like in Notes?