View Full Version : PDAJunkie.net Reviews Pocket PC 2003

Janak Parekh
06-23-2003, 08:51 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://pdajunkie.net/index.html?pdajunkie_net_ppc2003.htm&2' target='_blank'>http://pdajunkie.net/index.html?pda...t_ppc2003.htm&2</a><br /><br /></div>"One thing can be said about Microsoft - the company and it's products are always evolving in some way, shape, or form. In the case of the Pocket PC platform, over the years we've seen some great leaps and bounds in some areas, and virtually no steps forward in others. This review will cover some of the key operational differences between Pocket PC 2002 and Pocket PC 2003, and show some of the improvements (or lack thereof) that Microsoft has made in the latest update to the Pocket PC Operating System."<br /><br />The article covers a wide swath of Pocket PC 2003, but focuses especially on the communications features built into the new OS.

nightmare
06-23-2003, 08:55 AM
Wow, that is really in depth. It'll take me some time to really read into it, so I'll bookmark it 'til tomorrow.

*Yawn* What time is it anyway?

THREE FIFTY FIVE??? WHAT THE HELL???

ctmagnus
06-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Arrr! I read that yesterday! That's old news (imo).

Edit: Sorry for the whining. :wink:

Fzara
06-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Very good review, may I say the least.

However, I noticed the IE Network benchmarks were not very changed from PPC2002.

JonnoB
06-23-2003, 09:09 AM
However, I noticed the IE Network benchmarks were not very changed from PPC2002.

But it is doing a significantly better job rendering web pages now.

Jafar
06-23-2003, 11:00 AM
Another OS and some more compatibility issues with software vendors? For the love of god, can we not have an upgrade that won't toast 3/4 of the software out there? I loved the review but it freakin blows my mind why a software maker puts out an OS that isn't backwards compatible with older software. Enough of my whining, back to sleep. :onfire:

adamz
06-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Does "Fit to Screen" work?
Does Inbox syncronize with IMAP4 folders other than (and including) the Inbox and Sent folders?
Is there any way to copy/move draft emails from desktop to PDA and vice versa?

I SO hope that they fixed Inbox!