intergrated bt+ wifi
400 mhz
64+mb ram
cf and sd (sdio)
65k color screen

if not which one comes closest?

mashtim
06-21-2003, 07:04 PM
The closest I've seen is my Toshi740 w/ a Socket CF BT card practically living inside the CF slot. The nice part is that while the CF slot is usually busy (making it similar in use to an HP 5500) I can always pop out the BT card & replace it w/ a 512MB CF filled w/ music & video for a few hours w/out changing the form factor. A spare CF card is WAY easier to deal with than a sled!

Crystal Eitle
06-21-2003, 08:44 PM
You might want to look at the new Toshiba 755. It doesn't have integrated BT, but I think it has everything else you're looking for.

I read an article about it this morning in Pocket PC magazine and found myself drooling.... Too bad it costs almost $600 :cry: .

Kati Compton
06-21-2003, 08:51 PM
anyone know of any ppc's with:

intergrated bt+ wifi
400 mhz
64+mb ram
cf and sd (sdio)
65k color screen

if not which one comes closest?
This isn't based on inside info or anything, but you may want to look at rumors of the new PPCs coming out to see if they have everything you need.

May I ask what you plan to use the CF and SDIO slot for if you already have integrated BT and WiFi? A camera?

jkabaseball
06-22-2003, 03:23 AM
i'd use one of them for memory (SD) movies music ect. (sdio incase something came out that is really cool) and the CF for GPS or camera

jkabaseball
06-22-2003, 03:34 AM
how does the internal wifi compare to the exteral ones?

mashtim
06-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Well, like any device, the external antennae get a little better reception.

That said, it really matters most where you are using the device. If you are sitting at Starbucks, checking your email, it'll fly. If you're upstairs on the second floor of the house with the access point in the basement, you'll most likely need to find the "sweet spot". To some that might be a problem, but it's something I'm willing to deal with since I am able to just toss my Toshi740 in my pocket and go without worrying about what I'm sticking where. (boy, that sounded bad)

I also agree that you should look into the 755 (they're running PPC2003 already), as it REALLY upgrades the 740.

Crystal Eitle
06-23-2003, 03:59 PM
I read an article about it this morning in Pocket PC magazine and found myself drooling.... Too bad it costs almost $600 :cry: .
Just saw it on Amazon. It's currently selling for around $460 :mrgreen: .