View Full Version : Best Replacement Plan?

nwingate
06-21-2003, 04:47 AM
Hey guys,

I’m going to buy the H2215 on Monday but I’m very clumsy and I will most defiantly drop and break this thing. This is also my first PPC.

So here is my question, who has the best/cheapest replacement plan of all the national stores?

Thanks!
Nathan

Kirk Stephens
06-21-2003, 07:16 AM
I personally have had a good experience with Best Buy's Extended Warranty Replacement Plan....I had a 3800 series iPAQ that was giving me all sorts of problems and I was able to trade it in for a new device of my choice

Just be sure not to lose the receipt...and don't be one of those guys who gets the plan with the sole intention of ripping off the store :?

Gremmie
06-21-2003, 07:46 AM
I say CompUSA, but in reality, it seems to come down to your local store. Sometimes you know them by name and you can get away with more or they will go the extra mile, not because of the store, just because of the people at that particular store.

darrylb
06-23-2003, 01:35 AM
I've had several problems with Compaq over the years, and if the device is under warranty, I've just called their toll free number and they have had someone onsite the next day with a replacement 8O .

Check to see if this is applicable with you.... :)

maximus
06-23-2003, 10:03 AM
I’m going to buy the H2215 on Monday but I’m very clumsy and I will most defiantly drop and break this thing. This is also my first PPC.

How about purchasing a thick leather cover for it, and exercise extra caution when touching it. :D

ipaq38vette
06-23-2003, 02:19 PM
I've had several problems with Compaq over the years, and if the device is under warranty, I've just called their toll free number and they have had someone onsite the next day with a replacement 8O .

Check to see if this is applicable with you.... :)

You stated that Compaq will replace a defected PPC with a new one? I have an Ipaq 3830 with a broken headphone jack and I want a 2000 series. Circuit City would not take it back, even though I had the 5 year extended CityAdvantage plan on it. If I send my defective iPaq into compaq, will they replace it?