View Full Version : Audiovox EUU3 Update Released

Jason Dunn
06-20-2003, 09:10 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProdLinksCmd?type=upg&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productId=' target='_blank'>http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/...ing=&productId=</a><br /><br /></div>If you've got an Audiovox Pocket PC, or a Toshiba e570 for that matter, you can now download the Pocket PC 2002 EUU3 update, which will give you Windows Media Player 8.5, and a few other improvemts.

feo
06-20-2003, 09:36 PM
I am one of the unlucky ones to have one of those :| , I got exited for a sec until I click on the "EUU3 Update Instructions - READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING software" link and it is a broken link...
I wonder if I should attempt the exe.... :?

mscdex
06-20-2003, 09:36 PM
Audiovox has had EUU3 posted on their site for a long time now, since a little bit after all the other OEM's starting releasing their EUU3 updates. So I'm not sure this is exactly new... but hey, what do I know? :)

Jason Dunn
06-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Audiovox has had EUU3 posted on their site for a long time now, since a little bit after all the other OEM's starting releasing their EUU3 updates. So I'm not sure this is exactly new... but hey, what do I know? :)

Oh, umm... :oops: Blame Bill! :lol:

willkess71
06-21-2003, 03:05 AM
I have been looking for 5 months for this update and never found it. I finally got a response from Tech Support that they were putting it up today. Sorry if this is old news but it was new to me. Oh and I downloaded the cab and used Chris Herera's instructions for installation.

Thanks for putting it up on the site Jason.

Peace,

Fr. Bill :mrgreen:

mscdex
06-21-2003, 06:39 AM
I have been looking for 5 months for this update and never found it. I finally got a response from Tech Support that they were putting it up today. Sorry if this is old news but it was new to me. Oh and I downloaded the cab and used Chris Herera's instructions for installation.

Thanks for putting it up on the site Jason.

Peace,

Fr. Bill :mrgreen:

Shoulda asked around on here 5 months ago, and you could've had it ;)

spursdude
06-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Audiovox just redesigned their website, so that could be the reason....

but I've had the EUU3 update for about 5 months. :D

mmjla11
06-22-2003, 04:15 AM
I have been looking for this on the Toshiba support pages in Europe and USA with no luck. Has anyone tried this on the E570 and do you know which file I should download as there are several listed on the Audiovox page under different SKU numbers? Also has anyone had luck in down loading the instructions, as none of the links seem to be working?

spursdude
06-22-2003, 04:45 AM
I have been looking for this on the Toshiba support pages in Europe and USA with no luck. Has anyone tried this on the E570 and do you know which file I should download as there are several listed on the Audiovox page under different SKU numbers? Also has anyone had luck in down loading the instructions, as none of the links seem to be working?
The EUU3 provided by Audiovox is the exact same as what Microsoft sent out to each company - Audiovox made no specific changes. Most likely that update can be applied to the e570. For the Maestro, that model is the 1032C, so you can download the files listed for that model. I couldn't get the instructions link working either.

mmjla11
06-22-2003, 06:35 AM
Thanks spursdude. I am trying to dowenload from the Audiovox site and it keeps losing connection with their server. Do you know where else I can find it?

spursdude
06-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Thanks spursdude. I am trying to dowenload from the Audiovox site and it keeps losing connection with their server. Do you know where else I can find it?
You can check out the HP/Compaq site - I think it's the same copy right here (http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/16579.html).

dmr54
06-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Hey,

Not that it matters now but when EUU3 came out and there did not appear to be anything for the e570 I was advised that the Compaq version would work ok, I installed it and everyting has been cool since :)

mmjla11
06-25-2003, 10:56 AM
I found it on the HP/Compaq site, appied it and all appears to be working fine so far. Thanks for all of your help.

BTW look's like we have a similar issue with the latest PocketPC 2003 release. The E570 should be able to upgrade but typical Toshiba they won't be doing it. I hope Audiovox come to the rescue again.