View Full Version : Crunched my 3670....

hawkeye
06-20-2003, 04:56 PM
:mecry: Alright, I've stopped crying and I'm ready to start buying. My 3670 was slammed last night in my car door (cracking the screen) then was nearly ran over. So I am shopping for my next PPC. :rock on dude!: So hit me with your preferences based on my desires below.

1. Don't need wifi built-in
2. Own 6 or so CF storage cards, CF NIC, and CF modem, and ZERO SD anything.
3. <$400
4. Open to ANY and ALL PPCs

Also, any thoughts on buying a PPC2002 device or waiting for the new OS?!?

Whoever is the first person to suggest the model I ultimately buy will win....my eternal gratitude :wink:

ntractv
06-20-2003, 05:38 PM
I would look at the new lines of iPAQs coming out real soon and see which one catches your fancy, plus to boot, they will be runnning 2003 OS.

LRRobinson
06-20-2003, 08:53 PM
:mecry: Alright, I've stopped crying and I'm ready to start buying. My 3670 was slammed last night in my car door (cracking the screen) then was nearly ran over. So I am shopping for my next PPC. :rock on dude!: So hit me with your preferences based on my desires below.

1. Don't need wifi built-in
2. Own 6 or so CF storage cards, CF NIC, and CF modem, and ZERO SD anything.
3. <$400
4. Open to ANY and ALL PPCs

Also, any thoughts on buying a PPC2002 device or waiting for the new OS?!?

Whoever is the first person to suggest the model I ultimately buy will win....my eternal gratitude :wink:

You should get the iPaq 2215 or one of the Dell Axim with Pocket PC 2003 when they come out. They are one of the few pocket pc's with CF slots, and of course you don't want to lose that investment.

lurch
06-20-2003, 09:07 PM
One word:

Jornada.

Just think about how that name sounds... say it slowly... jooorrnnaaddaa..

My vote: Jornada 567
IF you don't use your handheld for things that require heavier processing...otherwise a new iPaq would be right up your alley (I'm thinking 2215).
Oh, and IF you don't need a CF Type II (Jornada's, at least mine, only supports Type I)

Oh yes, and IMO Pocket PC 2003 is not worth spending big bucks for a new device..