View Full Version : HPJ 548 battery discharging overnight

bmadill
06-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Hi

Occasionally I experience a situation where I find my battery in my 548 completely discharged overnight. I keep the AC/DC charger hooked up to the USB cradle at work & just bring it home on weekends. Usually the full charge I leave the office with is enough to last until I get back to the office the next day. However, when I sat down at home this AM to read my mail, it wouldn't come on - even after attempts to soft reset. It came on immediately when I put it back into the cradle at work. Last night I didn't use the PPC at all. And, to try to remedy this problem, I've disabled my record & action buttons when the PPC is off to avoid battery drain by the buttons being inadvertantly pushed. And, I can't see how the battery could keep draining when I had the backlight set to go off after a few minutes. Ditto with re to the PPC itself if on battery power.

TIA

D.psi
06-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Apparently some applications override the auto shutoff functionality in the device. I believe that media players in general do this (i.e. it would be inappropriate for the handheld to shut off in the middle of a song).

Try making sure that as few applications are running as possible when not using your device.

D.psi