View Full Version : Scroll bars are evil

rsmithline
06-19-2003, 02:12 PM
There is nothing I hate more than a scroll bar on my today screen. The unfortunate fact is that nearly every second of my day is scheduled, so my appoitnments almost always make my today screen scroll.

A plug-in I would love to see is an app that will allow you to lock certain plugins on your today screen so they won't scroll. If I could lock every other plug-in on my screen and just have a scroll bar by my appointments at the bottom it would make my screen alot more readable.

Anyone seen something like this?

R

Crystal Eitle
06-19-2003, 03:04 PM
This isn't quite what you're looking for, but I've really been enjoying MTUX Multiple TodayX (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13130&highlight=mtux). It lets you have up to four distinct Today screens. I use a lot of Today plug-ins, and I hate having scrollbars on my Today screen. They look bad and they tend to slow everything down.

Here's how I use TodayX: I have my owner info on all four screens, just in case (god forbid!) I should happen to lose my Pocket PC. My first Today screen has all my appointments and tasks (using tAgenda). My second Today screen has my launcher (Scott Seligman's Launcher) and the PocketMon plugin for Sprite Pocket Backup. My third Today screen has the weather (Stocks and Weather Today by Vintage Slots) and my account balances (Cash Organizer by Inesoft). I don't use the fourth screen.

trachy
06-19-2003, 03:49 PM
A little O/T...

One thing I liked about the OS on my Handspring Visor, was that when reading web pages you could manipulate the scrolling by dragging the stylus up and down anywhere on the screen. It was fluid and you didn't accidentally jump up or down, like when you accidentally hit the scroll bar wrong. Sort of like using the hand feature in Acrobat.

Kati Compton
06-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Anyone seen something like this?
tAgenda lets you choose how many lines are displayed, and if each appt/task is allowed to be more than one line. Plus, now you can set the font. So you have a great deal of control over how much space it takes up. I use this program and a couple other Today plugins that are fixed in size, and my Today screen NEVER scrolls.