View Full Version : Don't see the email attachments

Ramis
06-19-2003, 11:40 AM
hello,

I synchronize my email through a POP acount.
I get all the e-mail on the server however, I can't find the attachments to these e-mails that comes with attachments.
In the service i defined "get full copy of email" and I didn't direct the attachment to my storage card.
The email size is similar to the email with the attachment.

Thanks,
Rami.

Anthony Caruana
06-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Hi there

There is an option on the Pocket PC to receive attachments. This is seperate to the "get emtire message" option. I wish I could remeber where that option is but I am currently waiting on the arrival of my new Pocket PC so i don't have a device handy to check where that setting is.

Regards
Anthony

davidspalding
06-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Yeah, check the Inbox options in ActiveStink, and also the options on the PPC.

Covering the obvious, do you see the attachments in Outlook before you sync?

Ramis
06-19-2003, 03:41 PM
I looked everywere and I could find it.
I installed the @mail by WEBIs to see if the problem appreas there as well and it does.
I read at Microsoft knowledge base that the problem appreas if the attachements were encoded by UUENCODE. I check my attachment encoding and it is not set to UUENCODE.
Still a mystery.

Rami,

davidspalding
06-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Encoding of attachments is determined by teh SENDER, not by your receiving software.

Previous question remains, can you see the attachments in your Outlook? (Also, do you have Outlook 2000 SP3 or 2002 with security set to high? Do you have antivirus software which is prevening attachment launching?)

Ramis
06-19-2003, 04:22 PM
I have outlook 2002. I confirmed sending e-mail that there attachment were not encoded by UUENCODE at my desktop outlook (As a sender to my self). I check the security check and I didn't see any problem. I disabled the antivirus. Still no attachment.

Rami,

Ramis
06-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Ok . I was able to solve the problem. There is no easy way.
It apears to be that first time creating the POP account, I chosed the "save attachments on storage card". This is the source of the problem. First time didn't work.
Even though I cancled that option and deleted the directory created for it on the storage card . I was not able to get attachments.
The solution is to hardreset the PPC when the SD cart in the slot.
This solved the problem.
I was able to link this problem to a MS knowlwdge base related to storage cards and attachment.
The starge thing is that on the IPAQ where the storage card is defined properly it was suppose to be Ok.

Rami,