View Full Version : A bad batch of 1910s? Poor quality control?

Stake
06-18-2003, 02:13 AM
I've seen several people purchase the 1910 over the past 3 months. So far, 3 of the 7 have had constant issues with their units. One person had a screen go and was sent back. The unit that was sent back then lost power on a fully charged battery. He's fed up with the whole thing.

Other symptoms of other 1910 units:

-Device locks up and requires a soft reset but the entire unit is hard reset
-Device hard resets itself on a fully charged battery
-Battery meter shows 100% but in about 5 minutes, drops to 65% though the battery will last roughly 4 hours. This unit the second brand new replacement from Amazon.

I want to know if there are any other 1910 owners who have had issues such as power loss or sudden hard resets. It's really concerning me that HP has quality control issues when a new model is being released in a few weeks. It should be consistent throughout. :evil: Do people have to pay $500 to get good quality units?

Crystal Eitle
06-18-2003, 02:24 AM
I love my 1910 and have had almost no problems with it. The only "issues" I've had have been with 3rd-party freeware.

Janak Parekh
06-18-2003, 03:50 AM
I agree with Crystal. I've seen and worked with several (2 or 3) and haven't about heard problems, myself.

--janak

kidA
06-18-2003, 07:04 AM
no problems here. i love my 1910. well there was the time, just a couple of days after i got it that i accidently hard-reset it... i was sliding it out of my EB slipper case (which is boss except it has no access to the soft reset hole) and as i was sliding it out, i was accidently pressing the power button down at the same time. then i stuck the stylus in to soft reset and it started to boot up the same as it did when i first took it out of the box and slid the battery in. my first thought was oh $&#@*%. then i decided that it wasn't a big deal and it was easy enough to get everything going again. my point is: know how to hard reset your device, and be careful about it. the button combo to hard reset is far too simple on the 1910!
but again, that was user error, not the 1910's problem. :lol:

lekim2
06-18-2003, 11:36 PM
I have had to return my wife's h1910 - died twice on full charge. First time thought it was one-off, but twice.... Hard reset each time to get any access. With hp one week so far.

Stake
06-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks for that post lekim2. I have a feeling that quality control missed this batch of 1910s. It's the exact problem I've witnessed and it's your second unit!

I've been really surprised in how poor the quality of these 1910s have been lately. I hope this doesn't flow into the new 1900 and 2200 series.