View Full Version : Service from Boxwave.com

SherryG
06-17-2003, 05:33 AM
Has anyone else had any problems with Boxwave.com orders? Any tips on getting satisfaction from an order gone awry? I am tired of trading emails with customer service :( .
Sherry G, Oklahoma
Toshiba e755

ChristopherTD
06-17-2003, 07:29 AM
They were very helpful when I ordered from them. And very quick to answer a technical query.

dcharles18
06-17-2003, 12:17 PM
The first screen protector I ordered from them was buggered up, but when I contacted them about a replacement they sent one right out.

SherryG
06-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Well, so far all they have done for me is tell me they shipped my stuff to some guy in Washington state and I live in Oklahoma. They also shipped me 1 screen protector instead of the 3-pack I ordered. I also have not received the mini-sync. Call me crazy, but $58. is a bit much for one screen protector.

bjchantry
06-17-2003, 05:04 PM
I had a terrible experience with them as well. I ordered the mini-sync and a 3 pack of screen protectors. First screen protector I tried to use was full of hairs on the sticky side right out of the packet. No problem I thought, I'll just wash it like they say. GOOD LUCK. I couldn't get rid of the water spots, even tried deionized water. The hairs were still there. Much to my chagrin I pitched $10 and tried the second one, which also had hairs under it. I contacted them and they said, we'll bill you for replacements and send the defective one's back and we'll credit you. Too bad I had already thrown the first one away, and I wasn't willing to take the second one off in hopes that the third one was better. We are talking about a screen protector, not a cable, why must I be inconvenienced to send it back? They won't be able to tell what went wrong like a cable or something, it was justy made with hair under it!! It was such a hassle and they were so unhelpful I have given up and will never buy their products again. Hate to tell you this, hope your experience is better.

dcharles18
06-17-2003, 06:16 PM
I ran into that as well, they asked me to send the old one back before they would credit me. I still haven't gotten around to it yet. The first one was loaded with dust, had a gouge in it, and wasn't properly sized to my iPAQ, but the second was great.

SherryG
06-18-2003, 05:47 AM
Well, the one screen protector I did get was usable. I am just so darned angry about spending $58 for it. :evil: I can honestly say that they were the only online purchase that did not come as advertised and in great condition. I notice that boxwave advertised on this site. In fact, that is where I got the idea to go there and shop. Maybe this site's discussion will have an affect on them, that was my motive for finally mentioning it.

BoxWave
06-20-2003, 06:15 AM
SherryG, our customer service representative has traded a few emails with you, but I'd like to provide you with an answer to your question here.

I believe there is some confusion, and I hope to clarify the situation. Your posts are referring to an order that is not yours, and that belongs to another customer of ours. We have thoroughly gone through our records to make sure of this and know it was not placed by you or paid for by you. To make certain of this even further, these findings have also been verified and confirmed with us by the merchant processing company. So rest assured, you were not charged $58 as was originally brought up in this thread.

We are in the business of serving our customers and have made our best effort to provide you with all the facts, explanations, and patience to clarify the confusion. It is my hope now that this explanation can only help.

This may not be the appropriate place to discuss this, but please feel free to contact us directly. We would be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Wing Lum

edit 6/20/2003: Thanks SherryG, it looks like it's been worked out through our communication!

Steven Cedrone
06-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Hmmm...

Not sure what's going on here, but perhaps the parties concerned should take this off line...

Thanks,

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

Update: I removed SherryG's full name from BoxWave's response (And all subsequent posts that quoted it). If she had wanted her full name used, she would have registered with it...

rsmithline
06-20-2003, 01:29 PM
SherryG,

As our customer service representative explained in our reply to you, here again is the answer to your question:

I believe there is some confusion here. Your complaints are about an order that is NOT yours, and that belongs to another customer of ours. We have thoroughly gone through our records to make sure of this and know it was not placed by you, or even paid for by you. To make certain of this even further, these findings have also been verified and confirmed with us by the merchant processing company. You were not charged $58 as you mentioned in this thread.

We are in the business of serving our customers and have made our best effort to provide you with all the facts, continued explanations, and patience to clarify the confusion. It is my hope now that this explanation can only help.

If you have any questions regarding the one order of ClearTouch that you did receive from us, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. We would be glad to help you.

Best regards,

Wing Lum
Public Relations Manager
http://www.boxwave.com

Dear Wing,

I don't really know much about this situation so I can't comment, although there are clearly some situations where the billing name and the shipping address don't match the actual purchaser.

What I can say is that if you were my 'Public Relations Manager' you would be looking for a job. That was a very nasty reponse for a public forum (especially one catered to your key demographic). Even if it wasn't posted for all the world to see, it was kind of nasty. Were all the bold and italics comments necessary? I can assure you because of your post alone I will never do business with your company. Good job at 'Public Relations.'

I particularly like the fact that you made the posters full name public. Nice touch. (oh, and thanks for making it bold so I couldn't miss it).

Robert Smithline

EDIT: Hats off to the mods for editing the original post as well as my quote to take out Sheeryg's real name. I assume it wasn't Wing; I dont think editing her own post would have changed my quote.

dh
06-20-2003, 02:46 PM
I agree, that is a pathetic response from a Public Relations Manager. What a way to treat a customer!

Compare the poor service from Boxwave, with the good service from Dell.

Need to get your Axim replaced? No worries, they send you a replacement and then you send the defective one back. None of this "buy a new one and we'll issue a credit after getting the old back" bollocks.

Anyway, if you need to get a screen protector just go to PocketPC Techs. Theirs is great, I've been using mine everyday for three months and it's as good as new. Expensive? sure, but you save money in the long run, plus they are nice people to deal with not schmucks like Boxwave.

SherryG
06-21-2003, 01:09 AM
Boxwave and I have reconciled. They proved to my satisfaction that I only paid for one screen protector. I re-ordered the mini-sync for my Toshiba and they are giving me a car charger as a gift. If I caused any problems for Boxwave or Pocket PC Thoughts, I apologize. It is ok by me if the moderator removes this thread.

Sherry in OK