View Full Version : Help! Can no longer install to Storage Card

disconnected
06-15-2003, 04:11 PM
All of a sudden, I can only install apps to main memory, not to a storage card. If I try to install any app to the card, I get the message "Cannot copy the destination file. Make sure the disk on the mobile device is not full or write protected, and that all setup programs on the device are completed".

The card is okay, and has space; I can copy files to and from it.

This happened to me once before, several months ago, and it turned out that the problem was a failed install of a previous program. In that case, the offending program could be found in, and deleted from, Windows\AppMgr\Install. This time there is nothing there, but I did have trouble recently installing a demo version of an app called DataViewer, that I got from Handango. It got hung up trying to install to the storage card. I eventually installed it to main memory, and then uninstalled it, but this is the only strange thing I can remember recently.

I hate to go back to a previous backup, which is not as current as it might be, especially if I'm not sure that will cure it.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

davidspalding
06-15-2003, 05:57 PM
You might try Remover (http://www.geocities.com/s_k_s_k_s_kru/util.html#remover), which is a dangerous tool. You can really hose your system if you misuse it. Do a new, full backup before you try it.

Why: it may be that Dataviewer left some dingleberry on your PDA which is preventing further installs to the SD. </guess> Remover can find and yank it. (It's also nice for Registry cleaning. Do a backup of the registry, though. I use phm.lu's Registry Editor.)

disconnected
06-15-2003, 07:27 PM
davidspalding,

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you very much. I had installed and uninstalled a demo game suite from Handango that included Bobbage and Bobble. Remover didn't find anything in the uninstall junk, but it did show it as an installed program. Remover uninstalled it for me, and now everything seems back to normal; I can now install apps to the storage card. :D