View Full Version : Syncing files to an IPAQ

prototype
06-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Is there anyway change WHICH folder gets sync'd when you click on the option to sync files?

It automatically puts the file sync folder into your "profile" on an XP machine. Here is the problem. To backup my files I recently moved the target location of "My Documents" to my server at home. I then chose to make this "Available offline" on my laptop With this method my files get backed up to my home server each time I log on my laptop at home. Only thing is when I did this all the files I sync'd disappeared on my IPAQ because they are in the "My Documents" hierarchy. The files are still present on my laptop, but I guess the IPAQ cannot see them because they are offline copies.

Any ideas??
-Drew

ctmagnus
06-14-2003, 05:17 AM
Short of running an Exchange-type server, I believe the synchronized folder is hardcoded to [Drive with Windows Installed]:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\My Documents\[Pocket PC_My Documents] and I don't know if this will even work.

I know how bad this sucks; I tried moving the My Documents folder from one drive to another in the same machine and ActiveSync stiill griped. However, if you change the device's name, Windows will recognize it has been changed and move all the files for you automatically. But they still have to go in that [Drive with Windows Installed]:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\My Documents\[Pocket PC_My Documents] directory.