View Full Version : AXIM X5/TrueMobile 1180 WLAN CompactFlash Card 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11b

corricedavis
06-13-2003, 03:35 AM
Overveiw: 8O
I have a Microsoft Wireless Base Station MN-500 with 128 WEP (26 characters). I have about 3 PC 2 wireless with microsoft wireless network cards and stationary workstation with physical connection to the basestation. All of these device are accessing the internet without any problems. I have comcast cable modem.

I also have an AXIM X5 with a TrueMobile 1180 WLAN CompactFlash Card 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11b

Problem: :idea:
My AXIM X5 can see the wireless base station but it cannot connect.
After I changed the WEP on the Base Station to off the AXIM connected without any issue. I need to turn this back on but the TrueMobile 1180 cannot handle Base Station 128 security WEP (26 characters). The
TrueMobile 128 WEP is only (13 characters). Any suggestion.

TobyWong
06-14-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm using the same wireless card on my axim, netgear acess point with 128bit WEP enabled. The field is longer than 13 chars, it scrolls over as you enter the digits of the key. I do seem to recall it had a button which allowed you to choose whether you were entering alphanumeric or hexadecimal digits so you might want to try the other one if you are having probs. Took me about 2 mins to get this thing working and I have minimal wireless experience.

Edit: just took a look and I entered mine as "alphanumeric chars". If your key field really is locked at 13 and doesn't scroll over then I almost wonder if it's trying to use 64bit WEP.... I poked around and couldn't find anywhere where you could manually select between 64/128bit WEP.