View Full Version : Connecting and Activesync via Bluetooth (H3970 and Toshiba Laptop)

Samuel
06-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Hi,

Some help will be much appreciated. I've done a search on this topic and followed the Geekzone article (found through this web site), but haven't had much joy.

I've followed the article as closely as I could, but still no... Here's the situation.

I've previously established a partnership between the iPAQ and the laptop through a USB connection. So I know they're talking.

I've connected the 2 devices together, even created a bond. The laptop wants to connect to Serial Port 40. However, the iPAQ wants to connect to Port 7. The laptop's Bluetooth Manager doesn't even show Port 7 for me to connect to. However, I've chosen Port 7 on both devices.

With the 2 devices connected, I tried to start ActiveSync from the iPAQ. The laptop's ActiveSync automatically tries to connect to the iPAQ. However, after a few seconds, the laptop says it can't recognise the device through this port.

How can I connect these 2 devices?

I also seem to have trouble sending files between the 2. From the laptop is OK, but not from the iPAQ...?

Thanks.

freitasm
06-11-2003, 09:14 PM
Usually Bluetooth ports with such high numbers indicate other devices or drivers conflicts. You might want to review PC cards (PCMCIA), IR adapters, etc. Also you might have to check the BIOS to see if there's reserved port numbers in there.

Samuel
06-13-2003, 05:51 AM
Device Manager says everything is OK. Is it because the laptop has WiFi on it too? (WiFi isn't running at the time, but you turn on BT and WiFi with the same switch.)

Port 40/41 were recommended by the laptop, in so far as saying it won't work on any other ports...