View Full Version : What if? POLL/Discussion

Kacey Green
06-11-2003, 05:00 PM
What if Phillips re-entered the Microsoft hand-held market, or Sony, Gateway, IBM, Microsoft (hardware division) :!: , or any of the phone manufactures (with PPCPE models)?

I feel that a Sony or Phillips PPC or PPCPE would be rock solid and look good and be built with solid hardware.

kidA
06-11-2003, 05:44 PM
i don't think philips would really have a chance because they've been out so long that they don't have any name in the market at all. philips? don't they make eletric razors? a philips might have solid hardware, but that's not nearly as important as volume and a name. ipaq is already out there and dell axim came from a company already well entrenched in the personal computing market. like i said, doesn't philips make razors and TVs?

as for sony, they might have a chance in the market just because of their name in the PDA market, but i don't see them entering the PPC market ever. they've got too much of a stake in the palm OS.

Kacey Green
06-11-2003, 06:14 PM
For the record i voted all of the above

Kacey Green
06-11-2003, 07:40 PM
IBM could be a conteder if they eneter the market but there name needs to go with some support and patience wich to my knowledge they don't do for long.

thomas1973
06-11-2003, 08:17 PM
I would definitively consider a Sony PPC 8) ! I think they make great products! Sony is innovative, excellent at miniaturizing, and have a sleek design! Just look at what they did to the Palms! And their video cams, digi cams, their palmtops and the walkman and minidiscs. Sony's always been about small technology for people on the move. Only downside would be their Memory Stick :(

Thomas.

Kacey Green
06-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Hopefully MS would require them to use at least one standard like SD or Compact Flash.

americaneagle
05-13-2004, 04:10 AM
I reallyyyy like Sony, I would be excited if Sony would get into the PPC market. They are great at being innovative. After all, they did have the first screens that switched to landscape.

IBM? Nahhhhhhh.... I am always amazed when I hear about, I repeat, when I hear about them. I'm amazed they still exist.