View Full Version : Wifi vs Bluetooth

jkabaseball
06-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Should i get a ppc with bluetooth or wifi? there isn't a lot of access points here in cleveland, ohio :cry: . I don't know a lot about bluetooth, so can you active sync through your cell phone with bluetooth while your on the road? any advice would help.

looks like June 23rd is the day!!!http://www.brighthand.com/article/Gateway_PDA_PPC2k3_Coming_June_23

Gremmie
06-11-2003, 05:40 PM
Remember when a post like this would lead to a BT v. WiFi riot?

spursdude
06-11-2003, 07:25 PM
The main use for Bluetooth would be to get online with a cellphone. If you plan to be on the move a lot and also have a cellphone with Bluetooth, then you might want to go with Bluetooth.

WiFi is a longer range, higher speed connection. You can use WiFi to sync to your computer, get online, transfer files, stream music and movies. But you'll need to make sure you have an access point around you.

It really depends on what you need, but I would definitely suggest WiFi. Or maybe get a device like the Toshiba e740 or e750 and get a Bluetooth CF card if you want both.

maximus
06-12-2003, 02:04 AM
Spursdude has already covered up pretty much everything. I am just going to give you the 3rd alternative. CF GPRS card. With this, you can go mobile through GPRS on a single device. The advantage vs. bluetooth ? No need to carry around that mobile phone anymore. One device for everything. Isnt that the true essence of PPC ? :)

BTW, I am not too impressed with the changes made in PPC2003. If the upgrade is free, I'll get it. If not, I will wait for magneto.