View Full Version : Gateway PPC?

possmann
06-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Just read this note...

Gateway will make its debut into the handheld market alongside the Pocket PC 2003 launch, another source says. The company has embarked on a strategy to turn its fortunes around by emphasizing consumer electronics products in addition to its flagship PCs.

Isn't it amazing thta we can find all kinds of info about the iPaqs that are going to be officially announced on 23 June (PPC2003 launch) but I have yet to see any information - close to the detail we have seen - regarding the gateway PPC.

anyone have any news?

jkabaseball
06-22-2003, 05:44 PM
"Based on the Pocket PC 2003 platform, the Gateway 100X will be powered by an Intel XScale processor running at 400MHz and have 32M bytes of RAM and 32M bytes of ROM. It is not known at this point how much of this will be user accessible.

Gateway appears to have decided to cut costs by not offering a transflective color screen. Instead, it will have a 3.5" reflective TFT color screen. Still, this model will offer dual expansion slots -- Compact Flash and Secure Digital, according to Mike Stinson, vice president of Gateway's Mobile Products Group.

The 100X is expected to be available in mid to late-July. Mr. Stinson says his company's first handheld sell for between $300 and $350.

This is all the information that is available on the 100X at this point. More will be available when it is officially announced on Monday, at the same time Pocket PC 2003 is unveiled.

This is just the first Pocket PC to come for Gateway. According to Mr. Stinson, his company has plans to release more handhelds in the coming months with a variety of feature sets and price points. "

-brighthand

sounds like another dell. Nothing making me run to get it. I can't believe they are going to do it. There better be a suprise on it like wifi. It's going to be teh biggest flop i've ever seen. why not buy dells and add a cow sticker of the dell logo?

DON"T DO IT GATEWAY!!!!

jake080
08-06-2003, 05:07 PM
dude you suck!
the new Dell Axims are going to rock!