View Full Version : Help

elledgep
06-11-2003, 03:03 AM
Ive got a h5455
My computer is hooked up with my ppc. But the sync is not recognizing it, but the light next to the on switch is blinking because it is charging from the USB connection. I thought it was my ppc, and since I just recently backed up my ppc on the computer, so I thought if it is my ppc I will just do a full reset. Now it is brand new and still not connecting. Though it is not connecting USB or COMM, my digital camera does through USB still.
WHATS WRONG?!

charliew
06-11-2003, 03:59 AM
Some things to check. On Desktop Activesync, make sure under File, Connection Settings that the "Allow USB Connection" is checked. (You probably do not want the box about serial connections checked)

On the pocket Activesync, make sure under Tools, Options, that the Enable synchronization when cradled is checked and the box below it is set to "USB Default"

Hope this helps.

Chris Spera
06-11-2003, 04:23 AM
I would also DISABLE USB Charging and connect your AC Adapter.

USB Charging is known to be problematic. It doesn't work consistently for everyone, in every 5400, and honestly, should be disable until a ROM update resolves the issues with it.

Not all USB connections are craeated equal. some don't supply power consistently and brown out now and again. Other's are severly underpowered. Some are just fine. It depends on your PC (and unfortunately, I don't know of any way to test them...)

You should try setting it up on a different computer if you can and see if it will consistently connect (not as a Guest) to the new PC. If it does, then the problem may be in your PC... If that doesn't work, then you may need to return it for a different unit, as it may be defective.

Good Luck!

Christopher Spera

jimski
06-11-2003, 05:31 AM
If you are using a USB hub, try plugging the cradle directly into a USB port on the PC. I have had mixed results using different USB hubs.

Also (and don't ask me why on this one-but it has worked once or twice) try plugging the cradle into a different USB port on the PC. This will sometimes reload the necessary USB drivers.

elledgep
06-11-2003, 06:44 PM
I tried everything but the new computer idea. I will try that in a minute. It sometimes connect and then theres (more often) times when it does not. Right now, by the grace of God, it is connected. I descided to try and connect both, usb and COMM, I am not sure which, bot one is working and I dont want to try and disconnect it to find out. Last night it connected once and I was able to restore it back to normal, but I would not reconnect until just now. Literally as I typed idea it connected, for the first time today. So I will try another pc later when it does not connect.

elledgep
06-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Well I may just try my other computer now that it wont connect, for the life of me! This is bothering me so much, and I cant do my work until I know I can sync it and it is holding up my life. I will have to drive across town to get to my other computer so that is why I am procrastinating.