View Full Version : GPRS Monitor - Spb.

maximus
06-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Anyone has ever use it? is it worth purchasing?

Performed search on this matter, finds nothing. Kindly share your views. Thanks.

codesmith
06-10-2003, 05:23 PM
I have used it on my t-Mobile PPCPE for a while now. I find it very useful. If you are going to be doing any GPRS on your device and you have a limit (like most) then this utility will fit the bill. It is easy to setup your plan for accuracy and it can graph usage as well as a nice today screen plugin.

smittyofdhs
06-10-2003, 08:44 PM
I can't believe you couldn't find anything when searching because this site is FULL of mentions of that software. Every single post where users list "Must Have" software, SPB GPRS Monitor is on it.

Without a doubt the finest GPRS monitor available, if you have a PPCPE device, then purchase it ASAP.

bjchantry
06-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Best money I ever spent, after my first GPRS bill I about had a heartattack. This lets me know when I have been "playing" on the web too long. Easy to configure, even has preset plans for most cariiers including those in South Africa.

Cortex
06-11-2003, 01:48 AM
you need it but i do think its overpriced....

in addition to showing your cumulative data usages it shows your connection quality and your transfer rate.

this is analogous to the old modem monitoring programs and you will occassionally have the situation where the phone loosing the data during a download and cant complete the download. without out the monitor you will just keep waiting, but with it you can see that the data transfer has stopped followed by the data rate dropping to zero.

maximus
06-11-2003, 02:23 AM
Does it allows you to setup a formula ?

My provider does not put limit on GPRS usage, basically it is as simple as 1KB = $xx. I was wondering if I can setup a formula, so that it will automatically shows the amount of $ spend, in addition to the KB used.

Yeah, $15 is quite expensive for such a small program. But the modem monitoring function is definitely a big plus.

hollis_f
06-11-2003, 05:16 AM
Does it allows you to setup a formula ?

My provider does not put limit on GPRS usage, basically it is as simple as 1KB = $xx. I was wondering if I can setup a formula, so that it will automatically shows the amount of $ spend, in addition to the KB used.There would be no problem entering this formula. But you'll probably find that it has your provider's plans already in there.