View Full Version : ActiveSync and Bluetooth

LazyDonkey
06-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Had a really - D'oh of course! moment that i thought I'd share with you. I have an HP 568 with a Socket BT card and I've been really happy with it.....apart from one thing!

When i bought the HP i figured one of it's many uses would be to ferry large files from my work machine (high speed internet connection) to my home PC (cr*p dial up)

Activesync had other ideas and refused to sync large files cleanly - requiring frequent resets and restarts. I but the blame squarely at the cheap BT adaptor i had on my home machine , cursed for a few days and then carried on as normal....ie I didn't copy anything larger than 500K!

However last night i copied 38MB of install files, patches and so on to my HP so that i could do a hard re-set and install everything again. Took my cradle home to do the necessary, but suddenly thought about trying an experiment.

I connected my HP to my PC using bluetooth file sharing, NOT activestink and guess what ? Not a problem, 38MB copied without fuss and without corrupting the prog files ! (ok it wasn't WIFI fast but afterwards I was still at almost full battery!)

CANNOT BELIEVE IT! Is this just another example of MS trying to cripple emerging technologies before they get off the ground ? Why is activesync soooooo rubbish !

Sorry if this is old news to anyone, but I know a few people had the same problem over BT and i'm happy i've found a solution that works for me !

n1ck
06-10-2003, 12:31 PM
My Bluetooth ActiveSync used to work perfectly but I did a software upgrade for my TDK BT card and that was the end of BT ActiveSync :roll:
However the Socket "Browse remote device" works perfectly and I use that if I don't have access to the cradle.

n1ck
06-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Spooky - the power of PC Thoughts - just tried BT ActiveSync to confirm that it didn't work and guess what - it did. :confused totally: