View Full Version : PDA Graveyard or is there still life in the old Aero?

Kevin C. Tofel
06-07-2003, 09:53 PM
I joined the PPC world back in January 2000 with a Compaq Aero 2130 (actually, it should have been called WCE for Windows CE!) For almost 3 years, it was a great machine for me. It had a color screen, I added the Pocket PC OS upgrade with extra RAM and since the device was to be discontinued, I picked it up for about $200....an awesome price for the features at that time.

I've since upgraded to a Dell Axim back in December, but now I'm wondering what to do with the Aero? Other than maybe turning it into a TV remote (if I can even find software for the 70Mhz MIPS CPU!), does anyone have any ideas? Help me think out of the box before I toss this "old faithful" into a real recycle bin!

:?:

KCT

the_rapture
06-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Don't through it away, give it to a youngester to help them get the gadget bug. Or keep it as a trophy and run a screen saver with your favorite pictures on it. Radio Shack sells those photo frames that talk use it as one of them even. I just picked up a 3635 ($80) and my two daughters are loving it and I plan on making it a GPS for on the 4 wheeler so I don't hurt my 5455. They play with it more than the Game Boys they have. I still need to hunt down or write a free Flash Card program for them to learn and practice their math and abcs. There's lots to do with an older device. Shopping list for wife or partner even. That's my quick thoughts...

Raynne
06-07-2003, 10:42 PM
LOL My first PPC (or Palm-sized PC then) was a version of the Compaq Aero in 1999. I think it was the 1550. You may be able to get a little money off of ebay, if someone just wants a cheap organizer.