View Full Version : Happy Belated Birthday to Janak!

Jason Dunn
06-07-2003, 03:22 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry-address-select-done/MI77E5PT96MM/103-5657786-4065421' target='_blank'>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/r...5657786-4065421</a><br /><br /></div>Ok, I'm an idiot. :oops: Despite having a reminder go off, and being reminded by our moderator Steven, I forgot to post a happy birthday message for Janak yesterday. So...<br /><br />:new-bday:<br /><br />Happy Birthday yesterday Janak! :mrgreen: Janak is an invaluable team member who's unique blend of solid writing skills, strong analytical thinking, and command-line guruness, has made him an invaluable part of the Pocket PC Thoughts team. I couldn't do this without you Janak! Happy Birthday!<br /><br />[If you're feeling generous today, <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry-address-select-done/MI77E5PT96MM/103-5657786-4065421">follow the link</a> and buy the man a CD - or just be a voyeur and get an insight into his psyche by looking at his taste in music. :wink:]

ombu
06-07-2003, 03:48 PM
Hey, happy birthday Janak, just have a hundred days like this and all of us to see them. :)

bdegroodt
06-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Happiest of days to you Janak!

Sheynk
06-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Happy b-day Janak...PPCT would not have been the same with out you

:new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday: :new-bday:

Kati Compton
06-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Janak - even though I was late to remember, I emailed you a note BEFORE I saw this thread at least... :oops: &lt;sigh> Happy birthday! :new-bday:

pepemosca
06-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Happy B-Day from Argentina, Janak!!!!! :D

And thanks for all you excellent thoughts.

Sparkomatic
06-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Happy Birthday from one June 6th Birthday Boy to another!

Ed Hansberry
06-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Oh wow! Look at his wish list. Hooverphonic, Poe... I bet there is some Enigma, Björk, and maybe some Lisa Germano in your private collection? :rock on dude!:

Great selections. The Poe CD you have on the list is much better, IMHO, than the 2nd one she did about 2 years ago. :way to go:

Happy Birthday Janak!

Shadowcat
06-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Happy birthday! :new-bday:

Reinaldo
06-07-2003, 05:50 PM
Happy Birthday Janak! :new-bday: Your contributions to the site are greatly appreciated! Keep up the good job! :mrgreen:

HummerX
06-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Happy Birthday Janak, you are the man :) :new-bday:

cam87513
06-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Happy B-Day dude. Noticed you had Fortress on your wishlist. It's good to see that I'm not the only Hazelnut on the Pocket PC scene. Having been a big Sister Hazel fan, and having all their CDs, I can definently say that their newest CD, Chasing Daylight, is definently one of their best.

Crystal Eitle
06-07-2003, 05:59 PM
:new-bday: :Fade-color :bday: :rainbowafro: :x-mas: (Hey, what's that guy doing here?)

Jonathon Watkins
06-07-2003, 07:41 PM
May anniversary of the day of your birth have been a satisfactory and enjoyable one. :mrgreen:

Interesting Music choice. What does it say about me that I have only heard of half of them? :?

Foo Fighter
06-07-2003, 09:02 PM
:new-bday: :beer:

snowlion
06-07-2003, 09:33 PM
:beer: happy b-day..janak. that's beer day!

ctmagnus
06-07-2003, 09:39 PM
:shocked!: You're HOW old?

j/k don't :drinking: too much and :pukeface2: on anyone ;)

Kati Compton
06-07-2003, 10:09 PM
:shocked!: You're HOW old?
Shut up! He's a year younger than me... ;)

Joff
06-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Happy BDay Janak :bday: :drinking:

You have my permission to beat up :2gunfire: Jason for having forgotten :D

:bangin: \ _ Janak
|
|
Jason

ctmagnus
06-07-2003, 11:43 PM
You have my permission to beat up :2gunfire: Jason for having forgotten :D

:bangin: \ _ Janak
|
|
Jason

Or, ideally, BIRTHDAY WEDGIE! (only the other way around)

:D :D :D

Kati Compton
06-08-2003, 12:42 AM
Or, ideally, BIRTHDAY WEDGIE! (only the other way around)
When I was a kid (preschool, kindergarten), there was the "spanking machine", which seemed innocent at the time, but sounds really bad describing it now. Basically, all the kids would stand in a line, legs spread apart. The birthday boy or girl had to crawl all the way through the line, and everyone spanked them as they went.

This wasn't a dream - it really happened... It's weird now, thinking back.

Lotto
06-08-2003, 01:19 AM
Happy Happy!!

karinatwork
06-08-2003, 03:54 AM
Happy Birthday to youuuuu,
happy birthday to youuuuu,
happy birthday dear Janak,
happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Don't mind my singing, and all the best!

Karin

Janak Parekh
06-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks so much, everyone! :mrgreen: Random replies follow...

[If you're feeling generous today, follow the link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry-address-select-done/MI77E5PT96MM/103-5657786-4065421) and buy the man a CD - or just be a voyeur and get an insight into his psyche by looking at his taste in music. :wink:]
Actually, that wish list is quite out of date :oops:... and it doesn't cover my taste in classical music, which I tend to buy at retail as I like to browse the performers. But I do have a fairly diverse array of interests, musically...

I bet there is some Enigma, Björk, and maybe some Lisa Germano in your private collection?
Not enough, I think. I have to investigate Lisa a bit, which I haven't had time to do, and the other two really need to be put on. As for Poe, I actually prefer her 2nd album, which I already own... go figure. ;)

It's good to see that I'm not the only Hazelnut on the Pocket PC scene.
Heh. They were one of the few bands I picked up on right before I stopped listening to mainstream radio. I haven't explored them nearly as much as I'd have liked to... my wish list also doubles as my "todo" list. :)

Interesting Music choice. What does it say about me that I have only heard of half of them?
Probably says good things. :lol:

You're HOW old?
I'm the second-youngest member on the team, actually. 8O

This wasn't a dream - it really happened... It's weird now, thinking back.
Scarily enough, I have some vague memories of this, but only very vague. I think we were traumatized as kids. :lol:

Don't mind my singing, and all the best!
Thanks... don't worry about the singing, I'm sure some of my friends who had dinner with me last night sung worse. :D

--janak

Ed Hansberry
06-08-2003, 02:01 PM
I bet there is some Enigma, Björk, and maybe some Lisa Germano in your private collection?
Not enough, I think. I have to investigate Lisa a bit, which I haven't had time to do, and the other two really need to be put on. As for Poe, I actually prefer her 2nd album, which I already own... go figure. ;)
Start with "Happiness." If you like that pick up "Geek the Girl" and "Tales From A Love Circus." If you do get Tales, be sure to get the one with the extended tracks. "Tom, Dick and Harry" is the best track on there IMHO and isn't on the regular CD. I hate it when they do that. I purchased Tales 7-8 years ago and then again 3 months ago when I found the extended tracks.

"Slide" (her most recent) and "On The Way Down From The Moon Palace" (her first) are diferent from all the rest. I still like them all. :)

Fzara
06-08-2003, 07:56 PM
:new-bday: :bday:

Why isn't there any indian music on that list!? Come on! We need to see your Indian classical, or pop favorites!

Bajan Cherry
06-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Will have to make do with the English letters:

Janm Divas Ki Shubhkamnayen.

(Happy Birthday in Hindi).

Fzara
06-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Will have to make do with the English letters:

Janm Divas Ki Shubhkamnayen.

(Happy Birthday in Hindi).

Excelllent. I forgot to ask my Mom for a translation, but I guess you did it for me. I think i'll ask my friend how to say it in Gujarati today. ;)

Thanks Bajan!

Pat Logsdon
06-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Happy belated birthday, Janak! Nice to see another Dandy Warhols fan out there.

Have you checked out Supergrass? 8)