View Full Version : Inbox Maintenance...

JoeMoon
06-07-2003, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know hot delete a service from the Inbox services? I made some mistakes setting up my first mailbox and I would like to get rid of it. I also want to delete a service that @Webmail created when I was sampling the software. Is there a built in function? I know you can delete the second service in the list with a TAP|HOLD... But not the first, defaulted service.

Joe...

Qman
06-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know hot delete a service from the Inbox services? I made some mistakes setting up my first mailbox and I would like to get rid of it. I also want to delete a service that @Webmail created when I was sampling the software. Is there a built in function? I know you can delete the second service in the list with a TAP|HOLD... But not the first, defaulted service.

Joe...

Yes change it from the default, do a soft reset and now you should be able to delete it.

JoeMoon
06-08-2003, 03:54 PM
OK... Well, that removed the one email account... But the one that was created when I tried @Mail from WebIS is still showing up as a service. It does not appear in the list when I goto the OPTIONS menu.

I went through the registry and deleted any references to this service - but Inbox still have it in the services list. I wonder if Inbox has it's own seperate file I need to edit?!

Joe...

Qman
06-08-2003, 06:55 PM
I went through the registry and deleted any references to this service - but Inbox still have it in the services list. I wonder if Inbox has it's own separate file I need to edit?!

Joe...

Ok try looking in your Windows root folder for any @mail .dll files and delete them. If by chance you're unable to delete them rename them from .dll to something like .old then do a soft reset.

On second thought skip all of that and just download a program called Remover. It can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/s_k_s_k_s_kru/util.html

Warning!
Do not forget to make backup!
[/url]

JoeMoon
06-09-2003, 04:37 AM
Well, I went I spent some time sorting through some directories and found some files associated with @Mail. I deleted those and the problem is solved.

But here is what gets me... And I mentioned this in another post... I can not believe the number of bum files left behind from applications that were UNInstalled! .DAT files, .DLL files, shortcut files... What a mess! with storage on a PPC being a premium, it would be nice to know that software developers are returning that prized piece of real estate once they are REQUESTED to leave.

I guess my gripe and question is this - is it really necessary for developers to leave files behind?

Joe...