View Full Version : Dave's iPAQ

delfuhd
06-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, Davesipaq.com has the new iPAQ's ready for pre-order! They're quite good, I highly recommend a purchase from them.
It seems like lots of websoites are getting the pre-orders, w00t! Except.. All this is great for the new ipaq's, but what is the official release date for ppc2003?? June 23rd? THat's what it's rumored, but I haven't heard anyt official declarations of it lol.

Jason Dunn
06-07-2003, 03:37 PM
What do you mean "they're" quite good? Dave is just an affiliate partner for Mobile Planet, no different than we are. He has nothing to do with the ordering process, the fulfillment process, or customer service. He pretends he does by talking about "his" store as if he owns it, but it's no different than what we do here by linking to Amazon.com or Mobile Planet.

Pony99CA
06-08-2003, 01:56 AM
What do you mean "they're" quite good? Dave is just an affiliate partner for Mobile Planet, no different than we are. He has nothing to do with the ordering process, the fulfillment process, or customer service. He pretends he does by talking about "his" store as if he owns it, but it's no different than what we do here by linking to Amazon.com or Mobile Planet.
Here's exactly what Dave says:

Make sure you get your orders in now we will ship no later than Wednesday. We will be first to start shipping the full line of all the new iPAQ's. The photos on the store have not updated yet so yes the 5550=looks like the 5450 and the 1940=looks like the 1910. As many of you know I have always committed to bring you the news, reviews and exclusives. And by far we are the first site to take pre-orders for the HP iPAQ line. Keep your eyes posted to the site we will be doing a giveaway and you never know if you will win!!!! Please support the site and order yours now. Last time we were the first to ship and I could probably say we have a very good chance to do it again!!!!!

I find it interesting that he claims that the new Pocket PCs will start shipping by Wednesday. If that's true, it means we'll all have been fooled by the June 23 Pocket PC 2003 announcement date rumor (well, all of us except for you MVPs probably :lol:).

Steve

Janak Parekh
06-08-2003, 06:56 AM
But if you follow the link, it's very clear it's just a branded version of MobilePlanet, so I'm not sure how he maintains the exclusivity of their situation.

--janak