View Full Version : Calligrapher and Microsoft Money

dlangton
06-06-2003, 07:05 PM
I've been experiencing ActiveSync problems with Microsoft Money for some time, both with the 2002 and 2003 version. Synchronization would get more and more difficult, involving closing and restarting ActiveSync on my desktop and doing a soft rest on my Jornada; or deleting the Money database on my PDA using ActiveSync; or, at worst, uninstalling and reinstalling Money for PPC, either the 2002 or 2003 version, depending. The one item that was consistent was that I couldn't sync Money if I was syncing CLC Journal at the same time.

I've finally solved my problems. I've found before that Calligrapher interferes with other applications, particularly Textmaker. On a hunch, I turned Calligrapher off, then resynced. NO problems!! Then I added CLC Journal to the mix. NO problems.

Chalk up another compatibility problem with Calligrapher. I've written Phatware about various issues before (notably Pocket World Info) as well as Textmaker.

dlangton
06-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Something to add. I've been experiencing the 'missing components' with AvantGo for some time, so that I could only sync using a pass-thru connection, rather than ActiveSync. Subsequent to disabling Calligrapher, I'm now able to sync AvantGo using ActiveSync.

Looks to me as though a lot of the ActiveSync problems people are having have nothing to do with ActiveSync.