View Full Version : DSI Holster

gooftroupt
06-06-2003, 05:52 PM
does anyone have any comments on this case.

http://www.seidioonline.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=659

Costjim
06-07-2003, 07:22 AM
I have purchased this case and love it. It is a plastic case that is smaller than the innopocket's Dell Axim metal case. It has cut aways for the rubber side grips which I find really nice. It has a ratchet flip cover and cut away to remove battery. The biggest draw back is that you can not put it into the cradle. The plastic I find to have a little more grip than the metal case. The only thing for me is the clip on the front of the case (which is for the belt clip) which I don't need. I am thinking about grinding it off and puttin a sticker over top. Other than that I really love the case and wish I never bought the innopocket metal case. (one is for sale send me a pm if interested and make me an offer.) If someone out there knows how to post pictures I have some pictures of this new case. Hope this information helps.

Cheers, Jim

Sven Johannsen
06-07-2003, 08:32 PM
For a slightly different view of the case, see my comments in the http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13038&highlight=dsi thread. I have both this one and the Proporta/Innopocket. Don't know how you can think this is smaller? We are talking 1/8 inch plastic vs 1/32 inch aluminum. Both are pretty form fitting and neither will let you use the cradle. I think each has their good and bad points, but I personally like the side opening proporta better.

M@
06-08-2003, 06:39 PM
God! That thing looks ugly in that case..

no offence, but

urgh.

PetiteFlower
06-08-2003, 08:40 PM
yeah this is WAY too bulky and not particularly attractive to my eye...

maximus
06-09-2003, 07:12 AM
Just curious, if you put a GPS / GPRS unit on the CF slot, will it obstruct the flip when it is fully opened ? It looks very futuristic though. Like the gadget used by the Chief Medical Officer on Startrek Movies :D

Raynne
06-10-2003, 03:39 AM
I like the DSI mainly because it is a hard case that finally allows for use with the extended battery. :D

maximus
06-10-2003, 11:45 AM
I like the DSI mainly because it is a hard case that finally allows for use with the extended battery

But that also means that the case will not protect your battery from scratches, impact, etc.

Sven Johannsen
06-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Just curious, if you put a GPS / GPRS unit on the CF slot, will it obstruct the flip when it is fully opened ? It looks very futuristic though. Like the gadget used by the Chief Medical Officer on Startrek Movies :D

No, it doesn't interfere with anything you might put in the slot, except maybe a camera if you are taking pictures of yourself ;) (for me having the cover in front of the lens would be an improvement. Note my picture to the left) The flip works much like the Jornada cover in that it hinges at the front and doesn't go all the way back.

maximus
06-10-2003, 04:54 PM
If only they ship abroad.

Sven Johannsen
06-11-2003, 01:46 AM
If they shipped abroad, I wouldn't be wasting my time on the computer

Look around. The same case is sold by a number of vendors. There might be one that ships to where you are.

maximus
06-11-2003, 02:56 AM
Ha ha. This is silly. Went to my favourite PPC accessories store earlier this morning. Guess how much they priced this item ? USD60 +4%GST. Talk about margin taking. USD62.4 is definitely a no-no.

I guess I will be surfing the internet again tonight to find an online store that ship to singapore :|