View Full Version : Activesync won't sync! Help!

Unreal32
06-05-2003, 10:55 PM
Activesync is doing something funky on my machines... it seems to do everything just fine, but 5 calendar items and 1 task show up as "5 items not synchronized". I've tried all the obvious things... checking settings, synchronizing only the selected items, but it doesn't seem to work. Any advice???

davidspalding
06-06-2003, 03:59 AM
Take a look at the items that won't sync? Or run SCANPST.EXE to see if there's somethign corrupt in the Outlook file?

targetdrone
06-06-2003, 04:03 AM
Find the offending item(s) and delete them.

Unreal32
06-06-2003, 01:22 PM
That's my problem... Activesync doesn't tell me what the offending problems *are*. How am I supposed to find them, when I have 3-10 appointments per day for nearly every work day in the next 45 days?

I guess the only solution might be to manually go through my PPC with Outlook on my desktop running, and see which ones didn't synch over... seems like a PITA to me, though. There should be an easier way.

doogald
06-06-2003, 01:54 PM
How about deleting the partnership and then recreating it? Perhaps that will fix the problem - or at least indicate what the offending records are.

Lotto
06-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Don't panic...why do they all have to sync?

I have found when I do a change to a reoccuring event (especially if involves changing the start or end date)...then for awhile these events don't sync. I believe this is because it's not chaning something that affects history rather than future. So the unresolved items resolve themselves when the date of the item that changed, has past.

Unreal32
06-09-2003, 02:01 PM
They all have to sync because I rely on my PPC when I am away from the office to keep me on task and ensure I do not miss any critical appointments... and at least for me, if it's in my PPC as a task or appointment, it is critical.

I tried deleting and recreating a partnership... we'll see how that goes.

Lotto
06-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Yes but what may not be syncing is something in the past was my point.