View Full Version : PI 4 worth upgrade?

William Yeung
06-05-2003, 03:42 AM
Hey guys,
I am still with my PI 3, holding myself spend on PI 4... they said speed is increased, while I didnt taste that much still.... any comment?
William

ombu
06-05-2003, 04:23 AM
It's worth, it was a big upgrade and a new important one is expected soon, very soon, no charge for 4.x owners.

Download the trial version, you can always go back to 3.x, but I bet you won't. :wink:

Regards.

Janak Parekh
06-05-2003, 05:19 AM
Agreed. PI4 is fantastic, quite a bit faster and a much improved UI. Well worth the few bucks I spent on it.

--janak

thomas1973
06-05-2003, 08:34 AM
I know Pony99CA is going to be pissed with another 'I agree' posting, but what can I say :wink: ? PI4 is faster, much better UI, and a new major update is coming soon, free to PI4 owners! I say go for it! At least try it out, you won't be disappointed :D

Thomas.

darrylb
06-05-2003, 08:43 AM
I know Pony99CA is going to be pissed with another 'I agree' posting, but what can I say :wink: ? PI4 is faster, much better UI, and a new major update is coming soon, free to PI4 owners! I say go for it! At least try it out, you won't be disappointed :D

Thomas.

Where did you get this info from? Any ideas what new features are being added? :?:

thomas1973
06-05-2003, 03:13 PM

Thomas.

Where did you get this info from? Any ideas what new features are being added? :?:
Well, that PI4 is faster and better, can easily be confirmed by downloading PI4.01 from the WebIS website (http://www.pocketinformant.com/). :mrgreen:

There's also a discussion going on about the new version on the WebIS forum (http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php). Among other things, there was a 4.1 public beta some weeks ago, with lots of big improvements (the discussion over that one is deleted now, and the public beta exired :( ). And someone might have something that might indicate that there might be a newer version in the coming :wink: Anyway, the WebIS policy, as far as I understand it from their website, is free .x upgrades, so the next 4.x version is free for all existing PI4 users. :D

Thomas.