View Full Version : CF Slot *or* problems

Fzara
06-04-2003, 11:16 PM
I'm having problems with my Linksys WCF12 card to work more than 5 minutes in my Axim X5 400mhz.

I did some testing with it, and found out its to do with my Axim X5's CF Card. Apparently the card works if you push up underneath the card with substantial pressure, in order for it to be connected.

I found out if my put the card in normally, without any pressure, or anything, I get the error after 5 minutes, "Unbale to communicate with device".

I just got the Linksys CF Card, WCF12 from Amazon.com a month ago, and I tried a CF Memory card in my X5 a couple days ago, and it worked fine.

I was thinking of sedning my X5, and my WCF12 to Dell, to hopefully see if they can find out what is wrong, but I'm trying to lean away from that option as of right now.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this with their Linksys WCF12 card?

Roosterman
06-05-2003, 12:23 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by "but the card in normally, without any pressure, or anything". I have the very same card and have had no problems with it. It did take a little getting used to how to slide the card in, but from there it has been great. I just push it down until the green light comes on. I can feel the card has hit the bottom. Never have lost connection with it.

Sorry to hear you are having problems and hope you get them worked out without too much trouble.

lmtuxinc
06-05-2003, 03:36 AM
I also have the WCF 12 and I have no problems at all.