View Full Version : verizon service plan chaos...

dave
06-04-2003, 04:48 PM
can anyone make sense of verizon's plans for me? any commentary from actual users of the sph-i700 would be most appreciated.

specific questions i have:

1) what is the difference between the Wireless Sync Express Network Unlimited plan and the regular Express Network Unlimited plan? is it that with the wireless sync plan i can't just hop on the good ol' internet without incurring extra charges?

2) if you have one of the aforementioned plans, can you combine a voice only plan (or vice versa), or am i stuck paying per minute for voice calls?

i can't seem to get my dedicated corporate rep on the phone and all three people i have talked to at the corporate accounts 800# are clueless.

thanks,
dave

amg
06-04-2003, 08:15 PM
OK, here's the deal (got this from multiple corporate sales supervisors who, in the past, have shown that they really know what they're talking about)

The Express Network "Wireless Sync" plan designed for the SPH-i700 (and the Kyocera 7135) gives the SAME functionality as other EN plans, but also includes the sync capability. There's no catch, it's just a LOT less expensive.

The rationale, according to at least one sales supervisor, is that VZW is trying to encourage use of the service. Interestingly, some people believe that a PDA user will use LESS bandwidth than other EN users (probably true) - Although checking email and light web surfing gets much easier, I have a hunch not as many people will tether to a laptop for long stretches of time.

In any event...

The plan is $50/month with per-minute voice useage, OR $45/month as an add-on to most other voice plans (e.g., America's Choice)

dave
06-05-2003, 04:23 AM
thanks!