View Full Version : suprise...problems with activestynk

nosmohtac
06-04-2003, 06:14 AM
I haven't had any problems for about 3months, so I guess I was overdue.

I couldn't connect with my 3970, I checked device manager and the ipaq usb driver said it had a problem and had been shut down. I couldn't find my ipaq CD, so I downloaded activesync 3.7 and I got it to connect once.

Now I can't connect again except as guest. This time device manager says ipaq driver could not be started.

Any ideas? Is the ipaq driver loaded when activesync is installed, or is it a separate driver off the CD? If the latter, could anyone point me to a site to download it?

nosmohtac
06-04-2003, 10:01 AM
I figured out part of the problem.
I am using a made by whitney/krussel cf case.
If I cradle my device with it in the case, it connects as a guest unless I hold it down tight in the cradle.

I have tried to leave the side bars up on the cradle to hold it in better, but it is too tight then. I have also tried it with just on of the side bars up and it still doesn't work very well.

Has anybody else come up with a good way to cradle your ipaq while it is still in the whitney case?

Crimguy
06-05-2003, 02:20 AM
The problem is the cradle. I have a 3970 and I gotta say this is one of the worst-designed cradles I know of. Although being able to sync with a sleeve or case is a big plus, the contacts are not big enough to allow a loose connection.

nosmohtac
06-05-2003, 02:26 AM
I agree. The cradle is very poorly designed.

I don't know why they didn't make it more like the jornada cradles were, with a back for your device to lean against and and instert you could remove if you were using the thicker extended battery. There should be a back that the device leans against with an insert you can remove if you are using a sleeve.

This is one thing I would have expected HP to redesign after their merger.