View Full Version : 20 days to PPC2003 release

WillyG
06-03-2003, 09:17 AM
20 days to PPC2003 release (If the rumors are correct)

FredMurphy
06-03-2003, 09:41 AM
XP is UGLY. The first thing I do is turn off that dreadful Luna theme and set it back to "Windows Classic". Not what we need on a Pocket PC.

C'mon improved connection mangler! :D

Pony99CA
06-03-2003, 10:05 AM
As long as the system is responsive, I don't care much.

Personally, I liked the old Windows CE look, but I realize that didn't fit on a 240x320 screen as well as on a 640x240 screen. :-)

Steve

thomas1973
06-03-2003, 11:16 AM
I do care about looks. I got a stylish looking iPaq 1915, and the OS looks like Windows 3.11. Come on! :evil: I also like the way XP looks on my laptop, and I was hoping for something more exciting with PPC 2003.

I'm glad I found PocketBlinds (http://www.stardock.com/products/pocketblinds/), the PPC version of WindowBlinds. PocketBlinds is free(!) and will skin most your menus and buttons etc. It uses minimal system resources, so I still find my PPC as responsive/sluggish as it's always been! :D

I keep my topbar skinned through Icbar, though, as I couldn't use my PPC without it. Why hasn't something like Icbar/Wisbar been incorporated into the PPC OS?

I was really hoping for something more sleek. As it is now, POS looks better and more advanced... Hope they upgrade the look and feel of the PPC OS for 2004. While I wait, I'll keep my PocketBlinds/Icbar combo, so I can wait in style! 8)

Thomas.

delfuhd
06-03-2003, 11:21 AM
I personally enjoy Window's XP, but I quickly put the silver theme on. Pocket PC's UI is a Pocket PC UI, it shouldnt change to look more like XP, or even Windows 2000. Granted, it would be nifty to have XP in oyur pocket, and there are programs like Vindows (or something like that, I still have the .cab file for it..) that mimick an XP interface. It shouldn't all become the norm, and as FredMurphy said, he thinks XP is ugly, so why loose support from lots of people? Something new and fresh is always the best (oOo that sort of rhymed :lol: ) so yeah.

w00t by 100th post! I'm catchin up to all you big guns! haha 8)

Jhokur2k
06-03-2003, 05:21 PM
i would not only like XP looks, but the ability to trim down and customize how much the "Start" bar takes up... and stick the button at the bottom :p

ipaq38vette
06-03-2003, 06:08 PM
I like the XP silver look. I really like the expanding system tray in XP. I wish MS put the systray on the top bar for us wireless users. MS dosent have to force an XP look on PPC2003. They can make it extremly customiziable for the people who want XP look, Mac look, whatever. There needs to be a ObjectBar for pocket pc. Pocketblinds is slow and weak.