View Full Version : Help with Sprite Pocket Backup Plus 2.1.1

Andrew
06-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Hi,
I seem to be having a problem with this software. I have set it to only retain the two previous backup files and delete the rest. The problem at the moment though is that it isnt deleting them, I am still having to go in there manually and delete them.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix for it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew

p.s. This is on a ipaq 5450

dbman
06-03-2003, 12:38 AM
Thanks for pointing this out. I have the same problem. I set it to keep two backups, but it doesn't delete the older ones. I have my backups being stored on my SD card so perhaps that is one of the reasons. I'm on my way to their web site to see if there is any help there.

Jacob
06-03-2003, 12:44 AM
I have mine set to keep 3 and I don't have this problem at all. I also have it set to backup to my SD card.

Do you have the Max space used set? Maybe this overrides the max number of backup files.

Do you have the "manage Old Backup files" option checked?

dbman
06-03-2003, 01:32 AM
I just realized that I was not running the latest version 2.1.1. I uninstalled 2.1 and installed 2.1.1 and backup management works now. Make sure you uninstall the old version before installing the latest version otherwise, the old version stays.

CTSLICK
06-03-2003, 02:44 AM
I just realized that I was not running the latest version 2.1.1. I uninstalled 2.1 and installed 2.1.1 and backup management works now. Make sure you uninstall the old version before installing the latest version otherwise, the old version stays.

Ahhh, that would explain it. I tried installing over the existing version. When you uninstall/reinstall do you have to put in you reg code again?

Andrew
06-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Ok - I realised that I also did the install as an "update" rather than removing the previous version and then reinstalling. I just wiped it from my pocket pc and laptop, and reinstalled, so hopefully now it will work :)

Thanks for the tip btw - did it solve it for you though?

Andrew
06-03-2003, 10:13 PM
Hey, I just wanted to say that the solution posted earlier, (remove old version before installing new) works. the old backups are being deleted now :D

reinstalling didnt require reentry of my code or my config settings, so I assume theyre stored in the registry?

Anyway I just wanted to thank you all for your help.

p.s. im looking forward to the mobile forums, im posting this from my ipaq via gprs