View Full Version : 2003 Sprint Business User Forum - New Products

dreampages
06-02-2003, 04:53 AM
Well the 2003 Sprint Business User Forum in Dallas, Texas got off with a bang tonight. Happy Hours everywhere. Great food, great entertainment, and rumors galore!

We were given specs of the new Hitachi G1000 Pocket PC. No official mention of the Samsung I700 Pocket PC but rurmors are "within a month" for it's release.

Samsung, Microsoft, and HP are present. I'll hit Samsung up about the I700 and HP about any possibility of an iPAQ with CDMA technology.

Keep up with the daily reports at http://www.sprintpcsrocks.com/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1054525647

Pictures from the event will also be posted Monday and Tuesday night.

Larry

dreampages
06-03-2003, 04:29 AM
The first full day of the 200 Sprint Users Forum was today in Dallas.

Among the good news, the new Hitachi G1000 Pocket PC Phone Edition was released and the very first unit was given away FREE! Full 64k TFT screen, SD slot, integrated keyboard, integrated camera. But, only 32MB of RAM.

Bad news of the day, the Samsung I700 Pocket PC Phone Edition was delayed until 4th quarter 2003. Sprint decided to wait for Microsoft's new Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition. This one broke my heart. I've been waiting for this one myself.

Full report at http://www.sprintpcsrocks.com/sprintpcsrocks/2003SprintUsersForum.shtml

Larry

Janak Parekh
06-03-2003, 04:37 AM
That is indeed a bad thing in one sense, but there's an upshot: it's possible the i700 on Verizon will be upgradeable. And the G1000 seems huge! 8O (Of course, it's next to the small-screen i330, not a Pocket PC).

Thanks for the news, Larry. Keep us posted on further details! :D

--janak

willkess71
06-05-2003, 07:59 PM
I just finished ordering a Toshiba 2032 ( I know why not just wait... I am impatient, what can I say :D . In talking to the guy at Sprint Corporate support, he stated that he had just recieved an email stating that the i700 would be shipping in Sept. I know that there are a lot of dates floating around out there but I really think this is an accurate date and I believe Sept. is in the 4th Quarter. Good luck to all of you living on the bleeding edge of Technology. I have done that with my iPAQ's and finally figured I would use something tried and tested. ( That is until the new Sprint iPAQ comes out... I need help :D).