View Full Version : Looking at a Axim

Mitch D
06-02-2003, 02:48 AM
I am considering replacing my iPaq 3830 with a Dell Axim X5 Advanced Model but have only seen one in the "flesh". I am looking for feed back on this unit. How durable is it? How bright is the screen? I know there have been lots of write ups but I feel that owners of this unit are more likely to have long term experience with it

spursdude
06-02-2003, 02:55 AM
Although I don't own an Axim, I said no - because I think you should wait. With the PPC 2003 release sometime within the next month potentially, there's no reason in getting it when you may just absolutely love the new OS. So after PPC 2003 comes out, you can see if you either want a new PPC or if you want to get the Axim - by then, it might be even cheaper.

I would say just wait and see for a little longer....

PetiteFlower
06-02-2003, 08:07 AM
Axims are great, I love mine and you should get one BUT I also agree you should wait to find out about the new OS and whether they will upgrade or start offering the axim with the new OS first. Shouldn't be more then a couple of weeks at this point.

Crystal Eitle
06-02-2003, 02:44 PM
If I were buying a Pocket PC for the first time, knowing what I know now, I'd probably go with an Axim.

But I agree with everyone else who says wait a couple weeks. I know it's hard, but, with the new OS and new PPC models just around the corner, your options are about to expand.

And who knows, the Axim X5 may go on sale for super-cheap!

etalianstallion
06-02-2003, 05:58 PM
I agree with Crystal Eitle. The Dell would be my recommendation at this point as well, but it'd be good to wait a few weeks to see what is brewing in the PPC world.

I waited almost 3 months for the Axim before it was first released. I had actually ordered the Toshiba E740 and the returned it after I read more and more about the Axim. My friend who ordred the E740 at the same time as I did did not want to wait, and now, he's wishing he had waited like I did.

And heck, for all you know, once the new models come out, you may be in for some good sales and discounts.