View Full Version : Toshiba e755 Wireless Internet Connection

CuriousCat
05-30-2003, 05:07 PM
My e755 arrived yesterday. So far, I love it.

However, I can't get Internet Explorer to find web pages using a wireless LAN connection.

The Link page of the Wireless LAN Configuration shows that I am getting a connection to my Access Point. An IP address is being assigned. The Config page shows a 100% Link Quality.

However, when I bring up Internet Explorer and try to access a web page, I get a page not found message.

I've tried setting a specific DNS address for the wireless adapter, but that didn't help.

What might I be missing here?

CuriousCat
05-30-2003, 05:28 PM
I've discovered that when I put my e755 in the USB cradle, it accesses web pages with no problem.

When I take it out of the cradle, it can't access pages - although I was able to access one page somehow.

What's the difference between being in the cradle and out. In the cradle, is the e755 using the USB cable to link to the LAN?

shill79
05-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey curiouscat,

You're right about the Internet connection being done via USB when the device is cradled. I'm not totally sure what is preventing you from having the wireless access. The biggest thing to do is:

1. Go to Start Menu
2. Settings
3. Connections tab
4. Connections
5. Make sure that all three dropdown menus say Work
(Work Settings, Work Settings, and Work)
6. For the first two dropdowns click on Modify, then the Proxy Settings tab, then make sure that "This network connects to the Internet" is checked.

Should help...

CuriousCat
05-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey shill79,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, they didn't fix my problem.

Cat

CuriousCat
05-30-2003, 09:47 PM
Success!!! I can now access web pages from my wireless LAN.

Here's what I did that seemed to do the trick:

1. Upgraded to ActiveSync 3.7.
2. Discovered MS Pocket PC Connection Wizard and ran it.

The Connection Wizard may have been all I was missing. It apparently put files on my e755 that were needed.