View Full Version : Which PPC to use in Israel???

stonepro
05-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Help!

My Brother lives in Israel and is coming in for a visit. My mission? Help him buy a new PPC that he can take back to Israel and be happy with. Here are the questions I have:

1) Which PPC brand is best supported in Israel?
2) Does Dell have good support there?
3) Is there a Hebrew "enabled" version (or plug-in) for PPC?
and last... Which PPC is most popular is Israel?

TIA for all of the help! :D

dh
05-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Why not have him check out these guys:
http://www.clubpocketpc.co.il/
I bet the questions can be answered there.

stonepro
05-30-2003, 04:27 PM
I sent him the link, and I'll check it out myself -- as soon as I get some hebrew fonts loaded on IE... But I was hoping to tap the PPCT community as well... Anyone?

Thinkingmandavid
05-31-2003, 01:58 AM
hey, that is a cool site, i would like to be able to read in english what is going on over there:) mmm, now to get it translated.......
I dont know who offers the best/most support out of all of ppc companies over there. I have always said to buy what you like because you have tried it out and it feels right in your hands. He may run into the problem of either buying one he really likes, or buying one that offers the best/greatest support over there. So he should be, or you can help him to be prepared for facing that possibility.
If you arent comfortable with what you are using and dont feel as if it is an extension of yourself, then you wont be happy with who you are.

shimshon harari
06-03-2003, 02:05 AM
I am liviig in Israel and useing the Toshiba 740e I am using enron hebrew which cost 399 NIS (80us$). I think that the most popular one is the Ipac. for more information there is a Istaeli PPC mag on http://www.pocketpcfreak.com.
Sems

Help!

My Brother lives in Israel and is coming in for a visit. My mission? Help him buy a new PPC that he can take back to Israel and be happy with. Here are the questions I have:

1) Which PPC brand is best supported in Israel?
2) Does Dell have good support there?
3) Is there a Hebrew "enabled" version (or plug-in) for PPC?
and last... Which PPC is most popular is Israel?

TIA for all of the help! :D