View Full Version : Hurray, got my extended batt....doh...Hard Reset!

hiroProtagonist
05-30-2003, 08:33 AM
I just recieved my extended battery (rebate...sent form six months ago...should have opted for the cash). And... waddaya know... ding-dong 8O . I was seeing how well it fit in the case that came with the batt and must have jostled the batt away from a connection.

Luckily I thought to backup before installing the new battery so, no great loss.

I have reseated it and the connection seems more stable, but I'm scared! Has anyone else had more battery connection problems with the extended batt. than the regular one? I've never suffered a hard reset with my standard batt except when I droped it and the batt actuall came OFF the unit :oops: .

I'd have thought they'd have used those six months to improve their product :wink:

Sorry for the psuedo-rant... just had to vent a little ... still love my e740

josh

M@
05-30-2003, 09:47 AM
The disadvantage of a replacable battery I guess, I knew there was one out there. Hehe

DanMichSr
06-08-2003, 12:07 PM
I have had what I though was alot of battery problems but I think I have worked through mine. Here is what I found > Sometime when you shut the power off it looks like it's off but the image is still there. Of coures if you change batteries at that time you will lose your info etc. So I have always checked that and NEVER have had a problem sense. As far as the extended battery is concerned I believe that the recess plates are deeper and the pins don't line up just right. I solved this problem but not the correct way of course to handle it. When I put the extended battery on I gently snap my finger against the back of the battery case and it sort of joggs the pins into place or make contact better. Once that is done I never have any more problem as long as that battery stays in place.