View Full Version : What accessories are you using for your V35?

hubcap
05-30-2003, 04:27 AM
I am curious what accessories people are using and what their opinions of those items are. Anyone using the keyboard offered by Viewsonic? Travel chargers, etc. working fine?

Mystery905
05-30-2003, 05:09 AM
I don't have any accessories for my V35 yet. If you're thinking of the keyboard, you may want to get the Pocketop infra-red keyboard, which costs a bit less than the Viewsonic one, and can be used with most PDA's out there for when you upgrade in the future. The only downside is that it probably drains the V35 battery quicker as it uses IR.

What we need is a really good after-market case. The Cover-up from www.thepocketsolution.com seems interesting, but it doesn't provide complete protection. The battery extender they sell, too, might come in handy, but I think it is overpriced.

ekconrad
06-01-2003, 02:37 AM
What we need is a really good after-market case. The Cover-up from www.thepocketsolution.com seems interesting, but it doesn't provide complete protection.

I like a full leather case for mine. Franklin Covey has a few universals that work really well. I never have liked the flip covers, as they only provide protection from screen damage, none if you drop your unit.

Mystery905
06-03-2003, 12:44 AM
I just ordered a Krusell universal holster and a Brando screen protector from www.executivepda.com.

(got the Brando screen protector for the HP 5xx: it must be the same size as the V35 since for Writeshields, the same product is sold for both devices).

Hopefully they will arrive up here in Canada in 1 - 2 weeks!

Thunderstruck
06-06-2003, 03:36 PM
I just posted the info on a leather case i found for my V35 in this thread:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10745

hope this helps.

disconnected
06-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Thunderstruck,

That case looks really nice. Is there any provision for a belt clip?

Thunderstruck
06-06-2003, 04:55 PM
No belt clip option. However, I know that Krussell makes a more enclosed case with smartclip for the Mitac Mio, which is another clone of the V35. Can't seem to find it here in the U.S though.

Mystery905
06-11-2003, 11:53 PM
I just got my Krusell universal holster and Brando screen protector for Jornada 568, and both are a PERFECT fit.

The case looks like it was MADE for the V35, so if you're looking for a replacement slip case that can optionally clip on your belt, this is the one to get. It looks really good!