View Full Version : Cisco VPN 3000

IronGeek
05-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi All,
I just found out that Pocket PC 2002 does not support the Cisco VPN 3000 we have at work. When I try to connect to the VPN it does not even give me error message, it just does not work! (Does not ask for a password either, without feed back it’s hard to trouble shoot wireless connections on a PPC, why did they write it like that? Microsoft should have included software like vxIPconfig / vxutils with the OS, along with error messages when things go wrong). Anyway, exactly what VPNs does the built-in software support? Is there a freeware client I can use to connect to our Cisco VPN? Thanks.

rapidnet_rick
05-31-2003, 03:55 AM
Not free, and as far as I know there are no free IPSec clients....

MS's is a PPTP client, works, with the MS RAS/VPN solution using PPTP and that's it....

See here..

http://www.certicom.com/products/movian/movianvpn.html

I know that there is at least one other commercial, but I have not used it, nor do I remember it... I can tell you that I bought MovianVPN a long time ago, and have used it to connect to Cisco/Altiga VPN concentrators, and CheckPoint Firewalls....Even used it to connect to my LinkSys VPN router....

darrylb
06-13-2003, 04:56 AM
Hi All,
When I try to connect to the VPN it does not even give me error message, it just does not work! (Does not ask for a password either, without feed back it’s hard to trouble shoot wireless connections on a PPC, why did they write it like that?

Are you sure the cisco isnt just dropping your connection because you are not a known/trusted client? Could just be the way it's configured...