Also, is there anyway to specify what phone number shows
up in the list view for Contacts? I want certain peope to
show their home number and others to show their mbile
number. It seems to be picking phone numbers at random to
display.

Thanks for any help you can give!

dMores
05-29-2003, 11:43 AM
well, a.f.a.i.k. you cannot tell activesync to get email for you. it just does the synchronisation. so starting outlook is just something you need to do. no need for the "send/recieve" button, upon starting outlook should get mails by itself. once those emails are downloaded, AS (activesync) notices a change and starts syncing emails automatically.

so, unless you're in a hurry, no need to tell the programs what to do.

regarding the contacts problem: no idea :)
you might want to have a look at 3rd party PIM applications like Pocket Informant (http://www.pocketinformant.com), they usually offer better, nicer and more features than the standard apps.

here's (http://motorola.handango.com/entertainment/ProductHome.jsp?siteId=522&jid=7D5FD1AX4DD828143CAB5D368DED742X&javaDevice=T720GSM) an activesync troubleshooting guide, just i case AS gives you even more headaches :)
(upgrade to 3.7 unless you haven't already done so, it'll save you a lot of "what the ..." experiences!)

oh, and welcome to the ppc platform :)

ux4484
05-29-2003, 02:43 PM
contacts:

*sigh* A sad truth of converting from Palm desktop......
You'll have to go into Outlook and re-order your data fields, if you used any of the "custom" fileds in POS, you have to cut/paste that info into one of the fields that Pocket Outlook displays. On your PC, open Outlook, you'll need to open the card for each contact, go to the "All fields" tab, select "All post fields" from the drop down list to see what is where.....and then put it where you need it to be. You could export/import your data from Palm desktop, but unless you were VERY consistant with what field you put where in POS (most POS'ers don't, as POS finds a way to display everything no matter where you put it) you won't do any better than what you have now.

If nothing else, it's an excercise in becoming more organized :roll:

email: I don't know how you set it up, but initially I set mine to access my POP3 server directly so Outlook does not be to be updated or even running to access your most current email either via Vsync or wirelessly. After using the email feature for about two weeks, I realized I really didn't need it so I don't even use it on my PPC anymore.