View Full Version : Don't deal with ThePocketSolution.com

TorchRedStang
05-28-2003, 10:20 PM
Watch out for these guys!

I placed an order with them 18 days ago for some accesories for my new Axim. I received a confirmation e-mail the next day saying the items were shipped, already received my credit card bill with the charges on there. So, after about 10 days I start thinking that there is no way it takes 10 days to deliver something shipped within the US (they are in CA and I am in TX). So I send them an e-mail.. after 5 days I get a reply saying,

"We are experiencing some
problems in our shipping department since we just switched to a new service
and have been in the transitioning from one system to the other."

They stated that my order shipped today! I tried to enter the tracking number for the order but it says it's invalid. What kind of customer service is that?

Sorry, I just had to blow off some steam but that is rediculous.. I saw someone posting about thepocketsolution.com on here so that is why I did business with them. I just wanted to let anyone know that if you are planning on buying anything for your PPC, choose another company to do business with.

That is all, thanks for reading, I'm off to post on the other boards :devilboy:

Kiyoshi
05-28-2003, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure what to say about them and their shipping process changes, but I know that it takes usually 12 hours or so for the tracking number to be scanned into the UPS or USPS system. I went to the post office to send of an MP3 player I sold and checked a few hours later on the tracking number, but it said it was invalid.

So just wait a little while and it'll be scanned!!! Everything's going to be OK!!!

Sven Johannsen
05-28-2003, 10:35 PM
I'll second that. I have received numerous e-mails with tracking numbers that aren't valid for 12-24 hours on the shipper's sites. Don't get antsy yet.

nosmohtac
05-28-2003, 10:46 PM
I just had a similar incident happen to me.

The tracking number the seller gave me was valid, but the package was never scanned at the departure sight. When I asked about it he said that they must have sent it without scanning it, but I should be able to see when it arrives.

A couple of days go by, I keep trying the tracking number, and I keep getting no info try again later message. Just before my mail arrived, I tried it again to no avail, look in my mailbox and there's the package. I guess the USPS didn't scan it at either end.

TorchRedStang
05-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Well the point of this whole thing is that if you are a internet based company that does all of it's business through the website, you should have your act together.

Second, their customer service sucks.. they send an e-mail saying it's shipped, then 18 days later they say, "oops we messed up NOW your item is shipped."

Thinkingmandavid
05-29-2003, 12:32 AM
in all fairness, he is right to be upset, even if the waiting for the tracking number does take 12-24 hours, they should have emailed him way before. Obviously, someone dropped the ball on their side.
Are you following up on their mistake.
Of course it would be upsetting for anyone of us when you pay first.

PetiteFlower
05-29-2003, 12:34 AM
They should have at least offered to refund the shipping cost. Call them up and make some noise, if they offer you something for your inconvenience then that's the sign of a good company.

maximus
05-29-2003, 02:05 AM
Yeah, perhaps they give you a second axim :D

So, how is Texas these days ? Summer is coming. Time to prepare your shorts and tanktops ? I was there for 2 years (1995-1997) and the first thing that comes up on my mind about my university is the outfit of the female students during summer :D :D :D

animlmed
05-29-2003, 03:19 AM
I agree with you on the dependability of pocket solutions. I ordered a cover and they told me it was being shipped soon. after two weeks, and a charge to my credit card after only two days, i e-mailed them and ask what was up. It took me 2 e-mails to get a responce of: out of stock; should be shipping soon. Their customer support sucks. Period. But i love my cover.:)

TorchRedStang
05-29-2003, 05:46 PM
Yeah, perhaps they give you a second axim :D

So, how is Texas these days ? Summer is coming. Time to prepare your shorts and tanktops ? I was there for 2 years (1995-1997) and the first thing that comes up on my mind about my university is the outfit of the female students during summer :D :D :D

LOL we have been wearing shorts and tank tops here for more than 2 months! 8) And as far as the females... it is still wonderful! I live in Lake Dallas and work at a mall in Denton where 2 major universities are located (UNT & TWU) and I love the scenery, especially in the sumertime!

I did send them an e-mail and they are going to refund my shipping costs. I guess that's better than nothing, but seeing how I ordered $100 worth of stuff and the shipping was $6, I feel like they can do better than that!

maximus
06-02-2003, 02:17 AM
So, have you connect to internet yet ? By cable to a mobile phone, or by a GPRS card ? If you do internet a lot from your axim, you really should get a GPRS card. The real wireless feeling is simply overwhelming :)

One of friend mine had an axim, a CF GPRS card, and a 1 GB CF card. but he never unplug his GPRS card, hence the 1 GB CF is neglected. I purchased his 1 GB CF card for Sin$300 (around USD180. The actual price for a 1 GB CF in singapore is around USD 320-340. A lucky break for this year :D

I have to admit, once in my possession, the CF card is pretty much doing nothing also. I filled it up with oggs, but I hardly ever plug it into axim. I think I have been mind-controlled by the GPRS card.

... must use GPRS card ...
... must never unplug GPRS card ...
... must rotate the helical antenna 90 degrees ...
... must forget any other CF accessories ..